Topics

funny

• Jacko415 - August 27, 2013 11:20 p.m.

I'd add Russians.
  • RavensPoet - August 27, 2013 9:18 p.m.

I think a remake or reimaging of Call of Duty 2 with the Normandy Landing would be epic and awesome! Killing Nazi's would be cool again
  • shawksta - August 27, 2013 9:09 p.m.

Everything about this list YES
  • winner2 - August 27, 2013 9:05 p.m.

One day we shall be killing ourselves out of boredome with killing everything else
  • djb3301 - August 27, 2013 6:58 p.m.

In the case of Resident Evil, I miss zombies (I know they had them in 6 but that's why zombies and all other horrors no longer scare me). I hate the parasite victims, the c-virus, t-abyss virus, ect. I do enjoy mutants from these other viruses (god I loved g-virus), but only in boss battles, and minibosses... Not every other enemy
  • ACdeadpool - August 27, 2013 6:08 p.m.

I'm tired of killing Spiders. Bad enough that they get in the shower with me, sit in the corner of the room making webs and watching me. I play a fantasy game, and you see giant spiders, mutated spiders, spider-wannabes, you play a sci-fi game and you see alien spiders. Play an FPS and theres no spiders... unless its some form of robot spider/alien spider creature, Just can't get away from the little critters.
  • Sy87 - August 27, 2013 7:16 p.m.

You I'm with you on spiders. Why do they have to be in games? They are just too generic and some of us have issues. I think they should be outlawed.
  • CitizenWolfie - August 28, 2013 1:24 a.m.

Hell yes! Spiders seem to be the go-to bosses for fights near the start of a game and they always seem to follow the same "Attack the legs!" pattern.
  • ACdeadpool - August 28, 2013 1:43 a.m.

my experience of dragon age 2 was probably the most annoying. spiders. spiders. giant spider. oh look another spider, OMFG a gargantuan spider. RPG's games aren't helpful to people with arachnophobia, especially if the enemies roster focuses strongly on the eight legged. Dev's need to choose other insects for their baddies, like scorpions, or ants, or a giant freakin' mantis. Unless the next spider i fight is being ridden by a minigun toting ninja robot with a nazi flag, i won't kill it.
  • GOD - August 27, 2013 6:01 p.m.

Enemy I'm tired of killing: NPCs who I accidentally hit once and then after they relentlessly try to kill me I give up and finish them. Recent Offender: Demons' Souls. I attack one of the merchants in a level by mistake because my finger brushed the trigger and he continues to attack me. I even let him kill me hoping he would stop so I could buy from him again but nope. So I killed the unforgiving bastard.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - August 27, 2013 5:36 p.m.

"The boss that's now a common enemy" Doom is a horrible offender of that. In the last mission of Episode 1 you fight two Hell Knights, and you're like holy shit those guys are powerful! By the time you're playing Episode 4, there's usually at least one or two in each level.
  • djb3301 - August 27, 2013 7:04 p.m.

Another offender (a HUGE offender at that) is Zelda 1, but its still freaking awesome, so I let it slide... And they could only make so many enemies on 1 NES game
  • kurkosdr - August 27, 2013 4:24 p.m.

The reason so many games have zombies instead of enemies that require you to aim recently? Consoles. Consoles are more popular than PCs nowadays, and, have you tried aiming with a gamepad? It's an exercise in frustration, plain and simple. I once rented DOOM 3 for the Xbox, returned it after 2 hours. So, if an adventure game must have a shooting part, the designers can either opt in to put in real enemies and torture the console players (aka the 90% of players nowadays), have some lame auto-aim system like Doom 2 had, or... zombies! Or they can be smart and set the game in the ancient world, like God of War and Assasin's creed did, and avoid guns altogether.
  • RebornKusabi - August 27, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Mr. kurkosdr, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this comment section's now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!"
  • RavensPoet - August 27, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Hahaha!! Classic Billy Madison :)
  • RavensPoet - August 27, 2013 9:15 p.m.

Aiming with a game pad really is not that difficult... I don't understand the argument you are trying to make buddy
  • avantguardian - August 28, 2013 12:53 a.m.

umm yeah. just because you're awful at something doesn't mean everyone is. FYI.
  • pinoklin - August 27, 2013 4:06 p.m.

my bad lol you noticed :P
  • pinoklin - August 27, 2013 4:06 p.m.

just need to get my elitism down....the orks on the picture are ORKS not orcs.
  • Gemsa - August 27, 2013 4:05 p.m.

bandits! they're everywhere from Borderlands, Skyrim, Far Cry, The Last of Us etc and they're all similar.