• g1rldraco7 - July 5, 2013 7:21 p.m.

I like how you can stealth kill someone in the neck and you can eave the body there and no one sees it. You can't do that now without causing chaos.
  • CraZed - July 6, 2013 5:34 p.m.

Especially in a Soccer (er um futbol) stadium.
  • obviouslyadouche - July 5, 2013 6:50 p.m.

My favorite is still shoot someone, then wait long enough for them too mutter "It was just the wind. Yes the wind has become sentient and learned to aim and fire a bow into your midsection.
  • Lurkero - July 5, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Some people are near sighted
  • PatHan-bHai - July 5, 2013 2:16 p.m.

Most of these don't apply to the first Manhunt but yeah, stealth games are ridiculous!
  • avedon-arcade - July 6, 2013 11:27 a.m.

Ah, such a deliciously fun game. So glad it's been rereleased on PSN.
  • Cyberhero18 - July 5, 2013 1:53 p.m.

This whole thing was incredibly entertaining. Though, to stick my neck out on behalf of Arkham City, if you grapple up to a gargoyle in full view of the thugs then they will start shooting down aforementioned gargoyles to limit you're options for escape. That does however lead to an even more ridiculous notion that shooting a stone statue a couple of times with a generic machine gun will cause it to fall apart like stealth games when you start asking questions bout their mechanics.
  • pl4y4h - July 5, 2013 12:08 p.m.

lol It's funny that the Dishonored pic is on escaping through doors because the enemies in dishonored will actually follow you through them
  • Clovin64 - July 5, 2013 11:33 a.m.

Skyrim was truly ridiculous when it came to stealth. If I'm hiding in some shadows when I shoot someone in the head with an arrow, his mates will never find me, then convince themselves theres nothing wrong. "Oi, who shot my buddy in the face with this impressive daedric arrow? Must've been my imagination."
  • CitizenWolfie - July 5, 2013 10:41 a.m.

In fairness to Farcry 3, the enemies have a much better field of vision and will hunt you down until you're a mile away or they're mauled by a tiger. But yeah, most of these are pretty funny. Manhunt used to have you able to stand less than a foot away from an enemy looking right at you but if you're in the shade, it's all good. Dishonored for me was the most ridiculous game that involved stealth for a long time. You could literally have half your body peeking out in full view of a room of guards yet they would idly walk by. Dreadful game IMO. Last of Us is also guilty of the first thing. You could loudly shiv a clicker only inches away from another one - baring in mind that they use echolocation to find you - and they would be oblivious.
  • Redeater - July 5, 2013 10:36 a.m.

I could see the arrow thing being true for The Last of Us. Those fuckers always seem to evaporate on me more often than not. Maybe it was because I was on survivor difficulty. Who knows.
  • dakota-martin - July 5, 2013 10:23 a.m.

How about hiding in a bale of hay, or hiding in a group of monks, or sitting on a bench? Sorry I love the Assassin Creed games... but these were just a bit ridiculous lol
  • avedon-arcade - July 6, 2013 11:30 a.m.

I jumped over a fence into a pile of leaves once, and mind you this was a 4 foot fence, and that shiz hurt. So jumping from these immensely high structures in the game are much more ridiculous. But I think we all knew that. Also I did not jump into said pile to try this out, I just wanted to see why people really like jumping into piles of leaves.
  • aberkromby - July 7, 2013 9:36 p.m.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've swan-dived from the top of the empire state building into a cart of dead leaves in the street and it didn't hurt at all. Maybe you're just a pussy? In related news, where the hell are they taking all these leaves?
  • rayoisyou1 - July 6, 2013 1:16 p.m.

Interestingly enough, historically, Hashashin had great success pretending to be monks. Just look at Conrad of Montferrat's Assassination.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - July 5, 2013 9:49 a.m.

The fact that unconscious bodies NEVER wake. They're the same as 'dead' bodies but just have a sleep icon above them
  • macrm32 - May 10, 2014 12:55 p.m.

One of my favorite things in MGS2 was knocking guards out with the sleep rounds and shoving them in lockers. They would never be found or wake up.
  • DarknessFisT - July 5, 2013 9:24 a.m.

This, just gave me an idea.
  • dakota-martin - July 5, 2013 10:17 a.m.

uh oh...
  • SDHoneymonster - July 5, 2013 9:18 a.m.

3rd person stealth games by their very nature are ludicrous - being able to see enemy movements over and around walls as if you're having an out of body experience might make for a decent game, but it ain't realistic!
  • avedon-arcade - July 6, 2013 11:31 a.m.

Psh! Who wants realism anyways!? Oh wait....