Topics

sequels

• usmovers_02 - July 9, 2013 8:18 p.m.

Did you guys just use "personality" and "Master Chief" in the same sentence? You may want to take another stab at that one.
  • usmovers_02 - July 9, 2013 8:22 p.m.

And then I read the actual article. You guys might want to just delete this one and pretend it never happened.
  • slimjim441 - July 9, 2013 11 p.m.

'Personality' was used as a noun, not as an adjective. Not to defend Mr. Chief, I think his games have been quite lackluster and in a steady decline of quality since Halo: Combat Evolved, but you'll notice that the sentence in discussion does not insinuate that he, Lara, nor Link have a dynamic personality. I think you missed the mark.
  • W0lfgang378 - July 9, 2013 6:43 p.m.

The Last of Us needs the same characters because of how the story line was made up and it was character driven though the world was amazing.
  • Vonter - July 9, 2014 9:56 p.m.

I'm on the side that think that'll be jumping the shark. Their story was pretty much over. Perhaps a timeskip would make it work, but directly following the previous events sounds like a misfire. Also it'll add depth and interest if they try a new set of characters.
  • firelegendmush - July 9, 2013 5:10 p.m.

Dishonored had a world that I'm far more interested in than the characters themselves.
  • Griffith86 - July 9, 2013 3:51 p.m.

Whaaaaaat? No Silent Hill?
  • BladedFalcon - July 9, 2013 5:43 p.m.

All very good examples... save for Saint's Rows world. Honestly I fail to see how the world itself is so unique. I mean, it's the over the top of it's characters and actions that grabs attention, but the setting itself doesn't feel particularly distinct. In fact, it's kinda drab and mundane compared to the stuff you can do.
  • hunter-vinsandwich - July 9, 2013 2:48 p.m.

No Metroid Prime? Article invalidated.
  • shawksta - July 9, 2013 3:40 p.m.

Super Metroid and other games showed that visiting the same world in different conditions still made itself a great experience, the same can be said for Metroid Prime if it ever happened.
  • winner2 - July 9, 2013 2:43 p.m.

I really liked this article, such great mentions. Although, I just have to say the GoW literally looks like it has only shades of brown and the color white.
  • Shnubby - July 9, 2013 2:38 p.m.

Loved Enslaved! Can't recommend it enough!