Topics

sequels

• _--_ - July 8, 2014 6:45 p.m.

--if you haven't played the witcher2 yet --the time has come
  • pl4y4h - July 8, 2014 7:08 p.m.

Bought the witcher bundle on steam, loaded it up, and it crashed. Will build a pc after I finish my last year of school, mainly to see what all this fuss is about
  • _--_ - July 8, 2014 7:27 p.m.

--read a few short stories --heres a pdf link docs.google.com/file/d/0B7af8FbQblnmdi1RR2s0akVSblk/edit --as far as the game --if you like medieval fantasy --and adventure games with MASSIVE stories(with mind-boggling consequences) ~entrancing characters~huge worlds(not exactly skyrim~but still~it doesnt really matter)~innumerable weapons~potions~ingredients~and such --youd probably REALLY dig the witcher --i cant say enough for the writing though --Andrzej Sapkowski is right up there with Tolkien or George R. R. Martin(IMO) --the thing with Sapkowski though --is he is a Polish writer --his witcher works didnt get translated to english until the 2000s --read the short story of the Striga(in that link) --then watch the first few minutes of this youtube video youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwa-7LBfV4 --the YTvideo is an ingame engine movie(from witcher1) of the striga short story
  • pl4y4h - July 8, 2014 8:52 p.m.

Oh i didn't know it was originally a book, that's pretty interesting
  • _--_ - July 8, 2014 9:22 p.m.

--seriously --check out that first short story(in that PDF) --it's called "The Witcher" --it's from 1992 --it's about 5 pages
  • PerhapsTheOtherOne - July 8, 2014 2:58 p.m.

Hmm....... definitely love the dark and grimy world of the Metro series. The idea of the post-apocalyptic world, the struggle between man and mutant and man and man is nothing new, but the atmosphere and ease of approach narrative and gameplay wise means stories are in abundance. That, coupled with some paranormal happenings really paints a dark and gritty picture about what surviving an apocalypse is really like.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - July 8, 2014 4:14 p.m.

Yeah! So good :D
  • PerhapsTheOtherOne - July 8, 2014 4:16 p.m.

ERMAGHERD SOMEONE FROM GAMESRADAR RESPONDED ERMAGHERD!!!
  • mothbanquet - July 9, 2014 3:24 a.m.

Ach, beat me to it! What I love about Metro is how very 'foreign' it feels, not just in look but culture, language, and mentality. All that coalesces into an experience no other post-apoc world can broach. Same with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Malakie - July 24, 2013 10:24 p.m.

One of the very first that should have been included... the Fallout series...
  • Nomud - July 14, 2013 9:23 a.m.

>Gears of War >unique
  • Abadatha - July 14, 2013 9:08 a.m.

You forgot Mirrors Edge and the city it's based in. It was a different style of game, and a different vision of the future.
  • CitizenWolfie - July 11, 2013 5:14 a.m.

Oh, and Manhunt's Carcer City was so grim I got completely hooked into it.
  • CitizenWolfie - July 11, 2013 5:13 a.m.

Ah, Rapture. Possibly my favourite setting in a game I absolutely hated. I love everything about Rapture and read every inch of the accompanying novel but as for the gameplay? I really can't get to grips with it. Weird. Have to agree with nearly all of these (for the ones I've played at least). Especially Limbo, TWD and Last of Us. But I have to mention my faves: - Midgar (FFVII). I totally fell in love with the Akira/Cyberpunk/Neo Noir vibe of Midgar and I wish Square would have done more with it instead of focusing on the characters of the game. None of the rest of the game lives up to it for me. - The Caribbean (Monkey Island). So many weird and wonderful characters and locations. - Aperture Laboratories (Portal series). Considering there is very little in the way of actual cut scenes and collectables etc, you really got a feel for the history of the place. Especially in Portal 2. - All of GTA's cities (but San Andreas is my fave). - The Forbidden Lands (Shadow of the Colossus). I'd love to see how they became so desolate and forbidden in the first place.
  • brickman409 - July 10, 2013 8:36 p.m.

the main three characters of Enslaved made it awesome, without them it wouldn't the same, and it would be kind of hard to make a sequel with pigsy in it, considering the ending. It would be kind of hard to make a sequel to enslaved overall come to think of it. Enslaved was great, but a sequel would probably suck.
  • bobob101 - July 10, 2013 5:23 p.m.

For the few who played it, El Shaddai is best known for looking amazing. While the look doesn't stay constant, each new approach the games takes is beautiful in its own way. I would bet that the setting is the only part of the game worth remembering.
  • Sjoeki - July 10, 2013 11:04 a.m.

As much as I would like to see more of mass effect, I'm pretty sure I allready know everything about the first contact war. It lasts only 3 months and wasn't much of a war. The humans were exploring space and started activating mass relays. When they activated one that was forbidden to be activated (council orders) the Turians attacked. After a couple of battles both sides were getting ready for war and then the council stepped in to stop it from getting worse, and that was pretty much the end of it. I wouldn't want it to be a prequel. If it is going to involve the protheans, we allready know how it's going to end. I would like to see how the different species go on after the shepard trilogy. But that brings its own problems. Some shepards cured the genophage while others didn't, some shepards killed the Rachni Queen while I kept her around. And those are just two choices. Still excited for the next entry in the mass effect universe but I have no clue how they are going to make it work for everyone.
  • mothbanquet - July 9, 2014 2:58 a.m.

They didn't make the original trilogy work for everyone, so I wouldn't worry about that so much. :)
  • ScienceShark - July 10, 2013 10:56 a.m.

8 Unique Game Settings (Half of which are post-apocalyptic dystopias)
  • Vonter - July 8, 2014 10:41 p.m.

It's hard to put non hostile environments in shooting games. Although kinda odd not having a JRPG, those kinda dominated in the previous two generations IMO.
  • man-bear-pig - July 10, 2013 7:54 a.m.

Not having Fallout is a big miss.
  • bruce-kent - July 10, 2013 12:08 a.m.

What about dishonored? Dunwall is a very interesting city
  • kjdubz22 - July 9, 2013 8:56 p.m.

Freedom Fighters but starting up the rebellion in another city like Chicago or Boston. I think I try and mention that game as much as possible. How about just another trip to noir New York in Max Payne? Loved 3 but really missed that setting and loved the flashback levels.
  • usmovers_02 - July 9, 2013 8:18 p.m.

Did you guys just use "personality" and "Master Chief" in the same sentence? You may want to take another stab at that one.