Topics

Mortal Kombat

• Galgomite - August 27, 2012 8:19 a.m.

The first MK movie IS awesome, in a way I could only truly appreciate after seeing the second, but I don't actually agree with much of anything else in this article.
  • bass88 - August 27, 2012 6:37 a.m.

I actually love this film. Alongside Big Trouble In Little China, it's the only American film to capture the Hong Kong aesthetic. Vibrant colours, spooky (not scary) production design, a feee-flow camera and energetic editing. And Christophe Lambert rocks. Just like he did in White Material.
  • sandplasma - August 27, 2012 7:04 a.m.

I somewhat agree with you, I feel the electric guys in Big Trouble in Little China were better Raidens however. lol
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 27, 2012 6:29 a.m.

Great Flick, definitely embodied Mortal Kombat. I lived by this movie when I was little, and boy was I excited when the sequel came out... And, well... We all know how that went. Anywho, I think this calls for me to re-watch Mortal Kombat, and that makes me excited MUAHAHA!
  • SDHoneymonster - August 27, 2012 6:14 a.m.

Oh god the waistlines, the 90s trouser waistlines...
  • codystovall - August 27, 2012 5:51 a.m.

Never watched it, will never watch it.
  • Yokosuka046 - August 27, 2012 8:42 a.m.

You are really missing out. It was actually a commercial success, and was well received audience wise when it came out. It's awesome, silly fun and it's amazingly accurate (aside form the articles jokes). As an adult gamer it's one of my favorite films. Besides you aren't going to find a better video game movie outside this or Silent Hill.
  • wampastompa - August 27, 2012 11:18 a.m.

Why? It's one of the most enjoyable video game movies of all time. And I know that's like saying it's the smartest kid with down syndrome, but it's actually really good. Get some buddies together, bring a six pack and watch it on a Saturday night, you won't be disappointed.
  • ChiChiRocket - August 28, 2012 7:49 p.m.

Thank you for your interesting, insightful and not-at-all-completely-useless input.