Topics

Sony

• kidgorilla - October 20, 2010 5:50 p.m.

I went through DS twice for a total of 140 hours (or something). This cat's my new hero
  • crumbdunky - October 20, 2010 1:03 p.m.

I don't totally buy this. Has to be new game plus for a start and to know just where everything is down to the details he does takes an almost dev like knowledge of the game and where things and threats are likely to be-he must have played this TO DEATH before doing this speed run and we have no idea how many takes this took to get right anyway. I suspect he played over a hundred hours to be THIS familiar with the whereabouts of EVERYTHING, their patterns and which he could just spam and avoid. As for those saying this is sad-why? It's only sad if he's saying he bought the game and just rocked up with this the first playthrough-because that's simply not true, imho. Speedruns, though, are great to do for a challenge or to lengthen your time with a game you love. The missus does Sonic speedruns and is still gunning for a few zone records on Sonic2 but she doesn't do that to the extent of playing nothing else or diminishing her life in other areas. In moderation speed runs are fine and, as I said, the only problem I'd have with this is if he tries to say this was , like,. his first go or something similar because I just don't think that's in any way possible for a mortal! DS is an amazing game and, despite what your supposed gamer God mates say, IS a difficult and tricky and often frustrating game to nbeat properly let alone to run through at speed but this is impressive, either way, as an example of how a man can use experience, memory and no little skill to boil a great game down to one dimension. Sure, it's not the way to get the most out of your DS experience but I'm guessing this fella had ALREADY done that and worn the T-shirt an long time ago or we'd have seen a lot more of these vids a LOT earlier too.
  • JakeyBaby - October 20, 2010 7:53 a.m.

@Kipper lol Normally those loading screens don't come up too often.
  • venture - October 20, 2010 4:14 a.m.

Its like ninja warrior times 3
  • pr0tostar - October 20, 2010 3:06 a.m.

Damn bots, always screwing me out of commenting where anyone's gonna see. Anyway, this is pretty amazing, but nothing compared to Shinobi or Nightshade speedruns.
  • santaclouse37 - October 20, 2010 2:49 a.m.

Bless the guy for putting in that much effort, I could never manage to get past world 2.2 (which, coincidentally, is exactly where the first picture in the article is taken from). Though, I am pretty broke right now. Might be time to give the game another shot.
  • NightCrawler_358 - October 20, 2010 2:43 a.m.

This guy just blasts through like nothing! I've died... so many times... and spent so many hours... and hated Maneater so much... this actually makes me angry.
  • Eliath - October 20, 2010 12:53 a.m.

This is one of the most epicly, epic speed runs of all time. Normally I plow right through games, but even on subsequent playthroughs I still had some stumbling points. Did I say this was epic?
  • Smeggs - October 19, 2010 11:33 p.m.

What about that 20-30 something minute speed-run from start to finish of Half-Life? Was this really more impressive?
  • Stabby_Joe - October 19, 2010 11:12 p.m.

Never understood speedruns, kind of lessens to experience, not "relishing" in the atmosphere... but then again games are ONLY toys in Japan I bet.
  • revrock - October 19, 2010 10:32 p.m.

It took me 2 hours just to beat that dragon that flies past you on the bridge. I never would have imagined someone speed running this game.
  • Gameguy94 - October 19, 2010 10:30 p.m.

even though I eventually rage quit this game(even though its mostly my fault I screwed up) I absolutly love this game and was hoping for DLC. I'll have to check this guy out and see how he did it.
  • Mamudo - October 19, 2010 10:04 p.m.

Well color me impressed
  • CHAINSAWhaxor - October 19, 2010 9:57 p.m.

He skipped the tutorial!!!!! he can only do that on NG+, I call shenanagains!
  • Maximous - October 19, 2010 9:40 p.m.

In the first line you spelled "soul" wrong.
  • FalconMbuster - October 19, 2010 8:53 p.m.

@shadowreaper72 @Wallywarp Why'ya gotta dis? Did you all even watch the video? He was mostly running past stuff and spamming the dodge roll. A few weeks of tries, tops. Its more a display of patience than patheticalness(Its a word!).
  • IsaacFenix - October 19, 2010 8:28 p.m.

That is one hardcore otaku.
  • shadowreaper72 - October 19, 2010 8:26 p.m.

Yeah and more than liely the dude has no freaking life cuz he spent the last 20 months in a basement with no lights playing the hell outta this game. Sad just sad
  • Wallywarp - October 19, 2010 8:07 p.m.

Thats not amazing, its really sad.
  • admjwt - October 19, 2010 7:59 p.m.

this is no way legit