• acehard - June 20, 2011 4:23 p.m.

i think all this would be especially fun around midnight when my entire family is trying to sleep, but rather than casually sitting and pressing buttons, i get to stand jump and yell at my television. Sounds like my parents are going to love this spiffy new invention
  • db1331 - June 20, 2011 4:03 p.m.

The reason that motion/voice control is rubbish is that it doesn't do anything that a simple button press can't already do better. I can press a button in less than half the time it takes for me to say "Reload." Why open your hand to fire when you can simply move one finger and get an actual tactile response from a trigger button? The only area that motion control improves upon is aiming. Not the wave your hand around-kinect aiming, but something with an actual controller, like the Wiimote. IR aiming is not quite as good as a mouse, yet more accurate than an analogue stick. The aiming in RE4 and Twilight Princess on Wii is so much faster and more precise than the other console versions. Don't even get me started on the voice commands they used in the ME3 demo. JESUS.
  • RicePuddingUK - June 20, 2011 4:03 p.m.

Kinect is tartish! the whole E3 conference was Kinect this, Kinect that!? and then Microsoft said core gamers love kinect? My anus they do!
  • KuwaSanjuro - June 20, 2011 3:57 p.m.

Why don't developers start using Kinect with an Xbox controller, a bit like Mass Effect 3's voice controls where you don't use the controller to move but use it just for voice commands, even though Endwar did that without Kinect. But using kinect with a controller I think has better applications than Kinect on its own.
  • JMAN1156 - June 20, 2011 3:43 p.m.

They could give you a plastic gun that you aim and hit the clip to reload... Still rubbish. I think it would sweet with the new gears coming out to have one, and then use your couch as cover.
  • Lovelost - June 20, 2011 3:39 p.m.

I think that the best Kinect use in Halo would be for Teabagging.
  • Hammish - June 20, 2011 3:34 p.m.

I'm very glad that it's optional.
  • TheHungryLemur - June 20, 2011 3:26 p.m.

And I'm sorry to say that this is why I think Move is as far as Motion controls are going to get in the world of gaming. Nice article guys!