• Mavarious - February 3, 2012 6:09 a.m.

You had me at "magical warrior with enchanted blades and the ability to teleport around the battlefield."
  • FaceEater - February 3, 2012 5:02 a.m.

What will gaming look like 100 years from now? Can programmers predict how games will evolve in the future?
  • FaceEater - February 3, 2012 5:03 a.m.

Wrong article. My bad.
  • Elementium - February 2, 2012 8:05 p.m.

Yeah.. When it comes down to it skyrim is great because it's the only one of it's kind. Single player open world RPGs are in short supply for some reason.. Bethesda just adds tons of greyscale generic stuff to a huge world and gives people tools to fix and finish their game. If blizzard for instance were to hop in that ring we'd all be saying "Bethesda who?"
  • talleyXIV - February 2, 2012 5:06 p.m.

Kingdoms of Amalur has a terrible name and trailer. Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning is one of the worst names for a video game in a while. It is long as hell but is still extremely generic. Just call it The Reckoning or Kingdoms of Amalur. The trailer was hilariously generic, "A Hero Will Rise," I have never heard that line before. And oh wow that guy is running at a monster! Seriously? You couldn't think of anything better? I am not judging the game, just the name and trailer.
  • jandurn - February 2, 2012 7:13 p.m.

how the fuck is kingdoms of amalur reckoning generic??? if you think that? what do you think isnt??
  • psycho ninja 4 - February 2, 2012 8:30 a.m.

Has it even came out yet?
  • patbateman17 - February 2, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Comes out next Tuesday.
  • RyoonZ - February 2, 2012 5:53 a.m.

Combat is main course for me in this game. It tastes so delicious.
  • TheMasterJeef - February 2, 2012 4:48 a.m.

Im pleasantly surprised, I was thinking this would just be a string of Skyrim fanboys getting rage. This doesn’t state KoA is a better game than Skyrim, just that it does certain elements better. Everyone will have different opinions on which game is better. Personally I am more hyped for KoA than i ever was for Skyrim. I played Skyrim quite a bit over the xmas period, got to about level 38 and found everything a bit meh. Especially when I worked out there wasn’t enough skill points to max out my thief based skill trees (playing a straight thief). I have no interest in going back to Skyrim at all.
  • playswithsquirrels - February 4, 2012 4:19 p.m.

I expected the same, and it was looking that way early. But I guess people who can look at things objectively ultimately triumphed! Way to go, Internet!
  • Crabhand - February 2, 2012 3 a.m.

I only played the demo, so I can't speak from a wealth of experience, but the game struck me as closer to Fable than The Elder Scrolls. If anyone beside me still liked or cared about Fable I think it would be a better comparison than Skyrim. From what I played it seemed somewhere in-between Fable and Fable II in terms of gameplay.
  • Crabhand - February 2, 2012 3:02 a.m.

Oh, and of course any Bioware game for the dialogue wheel. But now that I think about it I had some responsiveness issues with the wheel during the demo, so hopefully that is fixed in the retail release.
  • Slayer11496 - February 2, 2012 2:04 a.m.

SOOOO Want this game. And to you guys worried about bugs (I was too) the demo was from an early build of the game, retail should be much less glitchy
  • sumrandomgeezer - February 2, 2012 2:02 a.m.

I do love watching the Bethesda Anal fan Club get royally up in arms over one mans opinion on 5 things he thinks are slightly better than Skyrims, its made my morning all the more sweeter For the record Skyrims UI is caggy handed at best on consoles....still a great game mind
  • RipgutReaper - February 1, 2012 11:26 p.m.

Your mom is better than Skyrim.
  • gogu-steriade - February 1, 2012 11:25 p.m.

Why compare this with Skyrim when it looks like a Fable clone? Its same cartoony graphics , goofy characters and story. The Elder Scrolls has always been for more mature audience,so stop this nonsense .
  • RipgutReaper - February 1, 2012 11:44 p.m.

You should probably try playing the game before posting comments when you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure Cooper isn't making this shit up.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - February 2, 2012 4:31 a.m.

Goofy characters? Cartoon graphics? Have all you done is look at the screenshots, and dismiss this as a Fable clone? It has lots in common with Fable AND Skyrim, and personally I'd choose this over either of 'em, as (personally, I fell) this is better.
  • gogu-steriade - February 2, 2012 10:05 a.m.

Looks like YOU didnt play the demo . Its Fable , with nothing to do with Skyrim.Its just a way to leach players off Skyrim,but it wont work,everyone who is serious about The Elder Scrolls will laugh at this so hard .