Topics

Week of Hate

• Turboash - April 27, 2011 4:51 a.m.

Reason 6: totally ghey masks and robes.
  • NearsightedNightmare - April 27, 2011 4:46 a.m.

Fuck beggars the really terrible NPCs are the ones carrying boxes. Anytime I free run I hit one of those bonebags and then guards are on me like rocks on a guy trying to climb an Italian building.
  • Zepaw - April 27, 2011 4:33 a.m.

I loved AC1 endlessly. First game I got 1k achievement score on, I usually quit far before hitting 1k GS (almost maxed the sequels too). When ACB ended my instant thought was they want Lucy out of the way so the story can focus on Desmond. If it has a lot of modern day stuff it could be a drag having to deal with making almost the whole game co-op like the section ACB when they explored together. I really miss the full deathbed confessionals of AC1.
  • babyhenchy1 - April 27, 2011 4:22 a.m.

@JBizFoShiz The worst thing about the beggars (and please confirm it to me so I know I'm not crazy) was if you started climbing a building, they would pelt you with rocks. When that started happening I said "Screw the poor women and chivalry" and murdered all of them. Muahahahahaha.
  • Fedexcommando - April 27, 2011 4:20 a.m.

I hate the beggars especially because they only go for Ezio. They stand their silently until they see the scariest guy they can find wearing a hood and carrying swords then charge him, surrounding him, preventing him from moving in the middle an enemy territory.
  • JBizFoShiz - April 27, 2011 4:04 a.m.

@GangsterJew92: YES, dear sweet Jesus, yes. Those effing crazies in AC1 who pushed you around made it a truly annoying experience to tail somebody who had little to no useful information. (Seriously, the fact that Altair always summed up a 5 minute NPC conversation into one or two quick sentences was hilarious.) I think the easiest reason to hate AC is because of the broken multiplayer, but it could just be because I'M upset at how simultaneously fun it is, AS WELL as being one of the most broken modern gaming experiences ever. And those beggars - WHY OH WHY does every beggar in every city approach the one man covered in armor and cloaked in an ominous hood that is ALWAYS on? Be strong like Saladin!!
  • babyhenchy1 - April 27, 2011 3:24 a.m.

Cliffhangers are fine, just rarely down correctly. Empire Strikes Back was a cliffhanger down right. Mass Effect games are cliffhangers done right. Because they have big plot threads hanging but let you know the ending is near and don't leave enormous questions RIGHT AT THE END! I actually liked the ending to AC2 but ACB was not a well-done cliffhanger, though now I am curious for the third game.
  • GangsterJew92 - April 27, 2011 3:23 a.m.

I'm surprised the lunatics from the first game weren't in their. The beggars just stopped you, the crazies always knocked you down and made it near impossible to run for more than two blocks.
  • Markstone - April 27, 2011 2:41 a.m.

Tossing a beggar into a stall is usually how I vent my annoyance with their unusually persistent whining. Cause seriously, why would anyone beg for money from a cloaked figure carrying a s***load of weaponry?
  • md1292 - April 27, 2011 2:30 a.m.

I completely agree with 2, 3, and 5. I play solely 360 so I never played the handhelds; I didn't know about the PC DRM thing until just now. And yes, oh yes---fuck beggars!
  • hellodesdemona - April 27, 2011 2:23 a.m.

Love the series, very much. I can't wait until Desmond and the other meet Doc Brown in AC3. Who's up for stealing the Delorean?
  • foxyexplosion - April 27, 2011 2:22 a.m.

I feel like the only one who liked the first one. I liked the idea of fights being harder, with more focus on stealth and speed, with better pacing. The new ones seemed to lose the point in love of the hype
  • ThatGuyFromTV - April 27, 2011 2:04 a.m.

And for ACIII how about we play as Desmond with modern-day weaponry? It's not like a gun is gonna be overpowered when it's loud as hell. Sorry for the double-post
  • ThatGuyFromTV - April 27, 2011 2:01 a.m.

for the beggar's problem (from ACII onwards) (guards + poison) + (beggars + x(throw money)) = a bloody fun time x can be whatever the hell number you want.
  • sgloomy - April 27, 2011 1:44 a.m.

@asspills lol, I was going to mention how free the developers let themselves be with historical people and events
  • Redeater - April 27, 2011 1:44 a.m.

#6 They are starting to crap out games at a COD pace. Am I the only one who is getting bored with this series? I love the story but after Brotherhood I sure don't want to play the same old formula over again a year from now. With minor enviromental changes I'm sure.....
  • asspills - April 27, 2011 1:42 a.m.

Oh, and the instant-fail stealth missions in Brotherhood!! It counts as being caught, even if the guy gets stabbed WHILE he's turning around to look at you. Seriously. I do love the games.. I guess the week of hate is just getting the btter of me.
  • sgloomy - April 27, 2011 1:39 a.m.

since we ARE nitpicking, my biggest problem with the series is the guards. They see you, warn you, watch as you pull out your crossbow and kill them, without showing any real reaction. when you see someone pulling a weapon, you immediately should become alarmed. another issue with the guards, when they are in a highly sensitive area and see a dead body but not a killer, they should automatically be alarmed but what do they do instead? walk off like it is just extremely normal for people to die randomly.
  • asspills - April 27, 2011 1:38 a.m.

You guys didn't include such major staples, such as Ezio Auditore being either best friends, worst enemies, or a passer-by of EVERYONE IN HISTORY, EVER!!! If they have their name in the history books, then they were either a templar or an assassin, or you're best buddy. When I heard you were to be friends of Leonardo Da Vinci in AC2, i thought that was a big stretch, but I let it slide. Then I was also buds with Niccolo Machiavelli and enemies with THE POPE!! Oh, another reason to hate it right there: You fist fight the pope!! Only after you disarm him of his telekinetic magic-staff. He also turns out to not only be a good hand-to-hand fighter, despite weight and lifestyle, but he's the best fighter in the whole game! New reason to hate it: Not a single one of the military raised gaurds are capable of touching you in straight on combat.. Keep in mind, you're trained to be a stealthy assassin, they are trained to be brute fighters. Then again you don't get to use ANY stealth anymore. It's been nerfed since AC1, in favor of making you an unstoppable murder-machine, who wears 5 tonnes of armor, a small armies worth of sharp things, and the ability to knock out an entire patrol of gaurds with your bare hands. Which, while enjoyable, no longer makes fighting gaurds rewarding. in AC1, i could have a 1 on 1 duel and keep it interesting. In AC1, if I saw a large group of gaurds, I knew fighting them would be a pain, so I would avoid it.. In AC Brotherhood, if I see 5 large groups of gaurds, my very first thought is, "I wonder if I could kill every single one of them in one consistent COMBO MOVE!!" Subtlety was the very first target of Ezio. That said.. I actually quite adore the series.. Love them, really. But AC3 better make some changes. I'm getting tired of playing 'Rambo Auditores Radical Adventures Through Time'.
  • Yeager1122 - April 27, 2011 1:30 a.m.

Thnak goodness you put spoliers for brotherhood havent played it yet and yes fuck beggars or better yet push them to the ground.