• Aletheon - March 22, 2011 8:24 p.m.

I stay away from the 360, partially due to it's horrendous disc tray and eject button.
  • Romination - March 22, 2011 2:51 p.m.

I came here after reading why Cundy loves his 3DS and man, that dude loves himself some console minutiae.
  • BornToLose3 - May 24, 2010 1:20 p.m.

haha i have to agree with the Wii and DS. I put a game in just to eject it at times.
  • FVHound - May 24, 2010 9:08 a.m.

@garnsr Exactly! The Touch Sensitive was the best! The little beep it made when you "touched" it, that's right, touched, not pressed.
  • RonaldRayGun - May 22, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Why no psp? I think any system that can shoot out its games counts as a satisfying ejection.
  • RareHero - May 22, 2010 5:53 p.m.

This is brilliantly hilarious. i'll never look at a disc tray the same way ever again...
  • AuthorityFigure - May 22, 2010 2:21 p.m.

Surely a console that needs to be SWITCHED OFF to eject is undesireable...
  • WillisTron - May 22, 2010 11:22 a.m.

This is the greatest article of all time
  • Mexiflan - May 22, 2010 5:08 a.m.

That ps3 has legs. Real sexy legs.
  • RamenDragon - May 22, 2010 4:30 a.m.

Did you guys channel Paul Ryan's spirit to write this?
  • erbclub - May 22, 2010 1:27 a.m.

It has to go to the NES especially as it aged and you had to figure out just the right way to wedge some random object inside to keep it lined up correctly to play.
  • bugmenot - May 22, 2010 12:10 a.m.

I love the fat PS3's buttons. When I first used them, it was like "The future is now!" I never saw the slim's ones before now, but they look like a whole bunch of suck compared to the fat's ones. Also, maybe not quite on par with these, but I thought the other kind of SNES's button was interesting (the gray piece that you had to push way down into the console itself). I haven't seen anything else quite like it.
  • blodden1 - May 21, 2010 4:55 p.m.

You can't beat the wii ejction that smooth sound. Simply beautiful.
  • philipshaw - May 21, 2010 9:18 a.m.

Great article and I have to agree with the PS2 and PS3 ejection, I love the feeling it gives me
  • jakery22 - May 21, 2010 8:06 a.m.

I'm rather enjoying the pictures on here. :P. And i have to say. I absolutely love the PS3 slims ejection. The way it slowly spins in and out. :D.
  • TheVoid - May 21, 2010 4:44 a.m.

This is why I love Gamesradar. I knew just from the title that this off-the-beaten-path article was going to be a very entertaining read. "I love the delicate click and the subsequent springy persuasiveness as the exiting game card pushes gently against the playful resistance of my index finger." Goddamn poetry, right there. Not to mention calling out a gaming experience that I never would have given much thought had the Great Mr. Cundy not put it into words. Although when I first read the title of the article I confidently guessed it would be one of Justin's...
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 21, 2010 3:57 a.m.

Another Cundy Fun Day article. Do you let your kids flip through those magazines? Anyways, I the like the fact that the original Game Boy has a little notch at the top to lock the cartridges in, somewhat protecting them from jerks who try to steal your game while you play and freeze the screen. I don't understand why Nintendo didn't keep that feature in all the rest.
  • PhantomDave - May 21, 2010 2:13 a.m.

Premature Ejections are the worst and embarrassing for all. Not....that I've ever done one....
  • frogfromchronotriggerisactuallyjesus - May 21, 2010 2:03 a.m.

i knew as soon as i saw the headline that the wii would get mentioned in here. damn that thing is satisfying, what with the whirring, the blue light, it's elegant and beautiful.
  • Amnesiac - May 21, 2010 1:57 a.m.

Remember everyone: Writing an article on an unexpected and unusual topic = running out of ideas. Anyway, I'll throw my hat in with the PSP. The sudden snap and the way the disc pops halfway out for your convenience is very satisfying.