Topics

Retro

• obviouslyadouche - October 4, 2013 4:37 p.m.

I saw the simpsons picture and knew immediately who wrote the article.
  • GOD - October 4, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Ditto. My first case of feeling old was the Nintendo 64 slide.... those memories feel so nineties. Although that already felt like a long time ago. The slide for 12 years ago when LoTR came out does seem like something that happened somewhat recently, even if when I actually think about it my brain feels old.
  • BladedFalcon - October 4, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Hmm... So the year I was born in is highlighted by the birth of the Madden Football franchise, and also the RickRoll... I'm not sure how to feel about that. Also, holy shit, it's been 17 years since the N64 was launched!??? That was the very first console launch I was wholly aware of! ._. I'm not really that old, but shit, this list does bring things into perspective XD
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 7 a.m.

Yay your one year older than me. I suppose that's good somehow.
  • BladedFalcon - October 5, 2013 8:15 a.m.

Heh, you though I was way older, or younger? :P
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 8:27 a.m.

I thought you were younger, although not that much 19 or 22. I wrongly get a perception from other people by their avatar.
  • BladedFalcon - October 5, 2013 9:36 a.m.

Lol, you're the one to talk, if judging solely by your avatar, I'd have pegged you to be 17-18 :P
  • antiAntag0nist - October 4, 2013 4:15 p.m.

I was 7 when the N64 launched. I don't think I was too hyped for it as I was happy with my Sega Genesis at the time. I got one and it has provided me with some my fondest gaming memories over the years.
  • KnightDehumidifier - October 4, 2013 4:13 p.m.

I turned on my local classic rock station and they just started playing the popular rock songs of the 90s, meaning that Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters is now classified as classic rock. That made me feel old.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - October 4, 2013 10:25 p.m.

Yes, when I heard early '90s rock appear on the "classic song" radio stations, I knew I was no longer young
  • mafyooz - October 4, 2013 2:59 p.m.

I was around for most of this stuff and remember playing Mario Bros on the arcade machines at the local leisure centre after going swimming. It's going to be next year that really makes me feel old though because it will be the 30th anniversary of Elite being launched, which I got as a present for my 7th birthday...
  • StrayGator - October 4, 2013 2:56 p.m.

I guess one's worldview solidifies during the early teens. For me, Tetris and Mario are forces of nature, Nirvana is the best band evurr and online auctions are still a novel idea.
  • StrayGator - October 4, 2013 2:57 p.m.

and of course, Doom (1+2) is still one of my 3 favorite games.
  • JarkayColt - October 4, 2013 2:44 p.m.

Nice. I quite enjoyed reading through this list. The "oldest" thing here that I remember is the launch of Pokémon. Of course, I was born before the N64 was released for example, but obviously I wasn't old enough to realise that some of those things had happened; I also owned a Game Boy as a kid before Pokémon came out, but I'm not as old as it is. Hmm. Guess you can work out my age bracket now lol.
  • Bloodstorm - October 4, 2013 2:40 p.m.

Yeah, I indeed feel old now. Especially since I also went to the eye doctor today and was given prescription glasses. Way to bring down my day GR! ;)
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - October 4, 2013 2:27 p.m.

I don't remember most of this shit, so I actually feel pretty young.
  • BladedFalcon - October 4, 2013 4:17 p.m.

You a baby! :D
  • LoboMau - October 4, 2013 10:32 p.m.

Or you are getting so old that alzheimers is getting the best of you.