Topics

Bethesda

• Xifihas - September 12, 2011 10:07 a.m.

It looks pretty and the music is great, I'll give it that much. However, they haven't fixed any of the problems I have with the Elder Scrolls series. Enemies still don't react to damage unless hit with something designed to cause knockback (look at it, when he hits an enemy they don't even flinch unless he uses a power attack or high powered spell); magic is still completely OP, even more so now that you can dual wield spells and with the shouts; the AI is still just 'Attack Attack Attack' unless scripted to do otherwise and I still have no reason to care about the story. I mean, the main story is just "there are dragons and you have to murder them all to save the world from some vaguely defined evil". Either give me a damn good reason to save the world or have it so the "hero's" actions actually end up dooming the world. That would be halarious. Anyway, enjoy your crap, I'll be busy playing Dark Souls.
  • paul212 - September 12, 2011 10:20 a.m.

There is a huge main story, all the elder scrolls games do, but the games just not going to spoon feed it to you, that's the whole point if you dont give a crap about saving the world you don't have to.
  • JKami - September 12, 2011 10:37 a.m.

wooooooooooooo..i like this guy
  • lazer59882 - September 12, 2011 10:39 a.m.

obvious troll is obvious.
  • rabidpotatochip - September 12, 2011 12:24 p.m.

I play Elder Scrolls for the mods.
  • JKami - September 12, 2011 10 a.m.

....so anyone wondering how many times they had to record everything more than once cause of a very ugly glitch?...I am
  • Xifihas - September 12, 2011 11:03 a.m.

Every time the videos do a fade-cut, that's a new recording.
  • kor2disturbed - September 12, 2011 9:57 a.m.

When I get this game I'm going to make sweet sweet love to it. I'm serious I'm gonna take off my clothes and do things to the case and disc.
  • RedhawkAce - September 12, 2011 2:37 p.m.

You my dear sir are not alone!
  • EvilWaterman - September 12, 2011 9:49 a.m.

• EvilWaterman - September 12, 2011 9:48 a.m.

Not that I am complaining, but these are the same videos that keep cropping up around the web. Its flippin awsome all the same.
  • alphaman - September 12, 2011 9:33 a.m.

Why is watching these videos (based on the exact same demo shown at e3/PAX) good? Because it's still awesome, but also we have Todd walking us through the demo without having to stop and answer yet another person asking inane questions like this: "so, how do you get these new 'shouts'?" "By killing Dragons..." "I hear there are dragons in this game, is this correct?" "Yes, like I just said." "Horse armor, lol!" "That's not even a question!" "The Ka Po' Tun are mentioned in the 'Mysterious Akavir' as being a tiger-like race, some members of which have apparently been able to transform themselves into dragons. Do they play a role, either in aiding in the fight against said dragons, or possibly being linked to the 'Dragon-born' Dovhakiin in some fasion? Is there the remote chance that the player could go down a similar route?" (source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ka_Po%27_Tun)
  • Cleanser247 - September 12, 2011 9:20 a.m.

By The Nine! Skyrim's going to be incredible! :D !!
  • Orusphere - September 12, 2011 9:17 a.m.

Awesome!