Topics

Week of Hate

• needles - April 24, 2012 3:09 p.m.

Most of these games I've never played. I'm usually too busy scoring with chicks. You should try it sometime instead of bitching and moaning about Modern Warfare and how it sucks so much and how only douches and brat kids play it.
  • jeremy-warner - April 24, 2012 3:22 p.m.

I'm sorry, but you act like people who like video games are instantly nerds and can't get with chicks but you care enough to, not only go to a video game website but register and become a member on it...
  • needles - April 24, 2012 4:19 p.m.

Games Radar is great. Anyways Now back to scoring with chicks. I'll get back to you pocket protector wearing starwars loving geeks tomorrow to tell you how many times I nutted.
  • Fhiend - April 24, 2012 4:44 p.m.

Chicks must be real stupid where you live.
  • needles - April 25, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Chicks are stupid everywhere. Don't you have a mother, Fhiend? You should know this.
  • Senorwaffles - April 29, 2012 6:30 a.m.

You are the reason why gamers get a bad reputation. If you dont like something, you dont need to just start bitching about them. And you say we have no life...
  • needles - May 4, 2012 11:58 a.m.

I think you spelled senior wrong.
  • jeremy-warner - June 17, 2012 7:52 p.m.

psst, people that talk about scoring with chicks and still have to brag about it normally means that they haven't or have done very little anything if it's still a big deal to you...
  • needles - July 10, 2012 3:38 p.m.

Youre right jeremy. I mostly just stick to masturbating.
  • Person5 - April 24, 2012 11 p.m.

I haven't seen this troll in a while, I missed him, MetroidPrimeRib can only troll so much (didn't really miss him that much, he's one of the worst trolls I've ever seen)
  • talleyXIV - April 24, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Why are you on here?
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 24, 2012 6:26 p.m.

Why is he alive?
  • needles - April 25, 2012 2:46 p.m.

Why am I alive? Cuz jesus. That's why.
  • colin-knapp - April 24, 2012 3:08 p.m.

Just seeing the Stuntman image brought back the exact memories they mention. I ended up FINALLY beating that game after weeks of solid play. The last level took me roughly 3 DAYS to complete by itself. To anyone who made it to the end, we belong to a small club lol.
  • Zeos - April 24, 2012 3:06 p.m.

Currently I'm getting really pissed off at some of the special world levels on Super Mario 3D Land, especially the ones with dark Mario chasing you. F that guy.
  • kytano_skorpius - April 24, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I hate to be one of those guys, but just an issue with the ESB entry. Capcom had nothing to do with those games.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - April 24, 2012 3:07 p.m.

fixed, thanks!
  • closer2192 - April 24, 2012 2:57 p.m.

The most rage inducing games I've ever played are UN Squadron on SNES (due to difficulty) and George Foreman's KO Boxing (also on SNES) due to shitty design.
  • FOZ - April 24, 2012 2:57 p.m.

That only ever happens in Mirror's Edge if you're doing a speed run. The real problem is that the game isn't even any sort of parkour until you get good at it and know some tricks and shortcuts, it's just a first person platformer with some flashy moves and mechanics. The enemies aren't that tough at all though, the last level and maybe 2 other encounters are the only really troublesome parts at all. It certainly should be more fluid, but some of the complaints about Mirror's Edge come from people who played it once and then tossed it aside.
  • MrDobble - April 24, 2012 2:56 p.m.

Any button-mashing sports game drives me insane. One where you repeatedly mash A+B, but if you accidently press A+A or A+B, your idiotic athelete trips and falls. They can be done so much better, but developers revert still to this ridiculous method. I hated Alan Wake as well, absoloutly terrible game.
  • ncurry2 - April 24, 2012 2:49 p.m.

I've boosted out of a blue shell with a mushroom on the Wii a handful of times. It's one of the most satisfying achievements in gaming.
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 24, 2012 2:42 p.m.

Although I've never done it in Mario Kart 7, supposedly you can dodge the spiny shell if you use a mushroom boost right before it drops. I did it in Mario Kart Wii once (out of several opportunities), but haven't been so lucky in MK7.
  • Darkhawk - April 24, 2012 2:41 p.m.

Great list. You obviously forgot Contra, but I'll also add that there were a few mid-game missions in Jak II that drove me so up the wall that I actually set the game aside for a year before coming back and beating it.
  • RedHarlow - April 24, 2012 2:47 p.m.

The timed missions in Jak II and III were so unforgiving. You screwed up once, you had to repeat that mission over, and over, and over...
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 12:01 a.m.

Contra's hard, yeah. But I'd say it's nowhere near the level of frustration battle-toads or castlevania caused. And then there's the fact that you could just use the konami code to make the game much more beatable.
  • Darkhawk - April 25, 2012 10:39 a.m.

Even if it were infinite lives, it's still aggravating to replay the same level OVER and OVER and OVER because of a cheap end-level. Glad to see Hard Corps: Uprising doing the same; I had to redo a level multiple times not because of a boss, but because I kept missing the post-boss motorcycle jump to helicopter. Now THAT's unfair.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Er... the konami code didn't give you infinite lives, it gave you 30. But it was still a huge boost, and even if you died at the end of the stage, you revived right there. That's how lives in contra work, remember? Same thing with HC: Uprising. Even if you miss that motorcycle jump to the helicopter,(Which isn't really that hard to nail, specially since you have double jump at LEAST.) the only thing that happens is that you lose one life, but you still clear and move on to the next level. It doesn't really force you to restart all over again. (Unless of course, you had no lives left, but that's how game overs happen in general.) Plus, HC:U actually becomes easier the more you die, the game keeps giving you more and more continues, even on the arcade mode. Other old school games were far more aggravating simply because you died even once, you had to restart the level again, and if you died a couple times, it was a complete game over. This is why Castlevania's segments with bats and medusa heads were so much more aggravating. Even though for each live you had a health bar, if the medusa made you fall into a pit, you had to start all over again. Unlike in contra which if you fall, you lose the life, yes, but you spawn back right there.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 12:03 a.m.