Topics

Week of Hate

• simplethunder - April 25, 2012 4:55 p.m.

god, I'm sick of all these fucking articles using the photo gallery box thingy. this could have easily been a 3-4 page article.
  • Cwf2008 - April 25, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Any idea why the hell they even switched to this shitty design?
  • maxmorrow - April 25, 2012 7:33 p.m.

Boosts their page views.
  • rxb - April 25, 2012 4:39 p.m.

The only reason I finished Mirror's Edge is so people cant call me a 'n00b' when I unlesh my bile on it. A good game with some hateful sections.
  • mentalityljs - April 25, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Stuntman, what a raging pile of shit that was. Not to mention, what was also on par with that, was the first Driver and that wretched driving test tutorial you had to pass an order to start playing the actual game. But my biggest rage-quit game of all-time has got to be YoNoid! You know you all hate that game!!!
  • jackthemenace - April 25, 2012 2:29 p.m.

DMC is, admittedly, infuriatingly difficult at times, but no matter what, i eventually managed to get past any point I'm stuck on, and I feel like a God when I manage to get through alive. I had a similar experience trying to finish Bayonetta on Non-Sto Climx mode recently, but I just kept stubbornly plugging away at difficult points till I eventually managed to get through them with accumulated fury and skill, and the feeling was so satisfactory. And I much prefer exceeding difficulty, like SMB or DMC, to easy-as-hell crap like CoD's campaigns.
  • Soxboii - April 25, 2012 2:18 p.m.

I'm surprised one of the Trials games isn't on here. I have Trials HD, and I spent a good 2 hours and well over 2500 faults on one screenwidth on one of the later levels.
  • KA87 - April 25, 2012 2:14 p.m.

At least the creators of Dark Souls warned you before you purchased the game that at some point a level 700 D-bag Dark Wraith was going to randomly appear at the worst possible time and stab your character in the back. I have to admit that it is fun to invade noobs games and smite them (Got to love the catacombs and the Tomb of the Giants (Death Traps)). With most of the other games you did not find out about the controller smashing rage that was about to happen until it was to late. Lets take a moment of silence to remember all of the controllers that have smash, TVs broken, and game systems chucked against the wall because of these games. Never have so many, yelled so much, at so few. Have a nice day!!!!
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 25, 2012 12:45 p.m.

Fight Night Champion? It took me at least 2 hours before I finally beat Isacc Frost. All the other guys you fought before that were so easy, while this guy could knock you out with one hit. When you finally take him out though, and get that knock down punch, few things in life have felt sweeter. And I didn't think Mirror's Edge was as bad as you described. The controls aren't that bad. The only part I hated was towards the end of the game when you are in the ship, and have to get to the top. That part of the game is the only thing that keeps me from replaying it.
  • Pruman - April 25, 2012 7:22 a.m.

You made a list of the most frustrating games and didn't think to include any shmups? For shame! With that, I choose the modern entries in the Raiden series. From III on, they decided to go the bullet-hell route, but your sluggish ship isn't zippy enough to make it through on reflexes, which means you pretty much HAVE to memorize patterns. On top of that, your weak-ass weapons don't kill the bad guys fast enough to keep enough bullets away, even when fully powered up. Therefore, you have to dodge through hails of gunfire with a sleek-looking jet that maneuvers about as well as a pontoon boat.
  • Hobogonigal - April 25, 2012 7:16 a.m.

I think I may have had The Empire Strikes Back for N64 and I have to admit I never made it past the third level. Of course I was five at the time but it made me so disheartened I have never tried playing it again. I hate that game.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 11:27 a.m.

Er... if you played it in the N64, you're probably talking about Shadows of the Empire, or something like that. And it was a game starring the smuggler Dash Rendar. It was also a bit crap.
  • Hobogonigal - April 27, 2012 1:04 a.m.

My good sir it turns out you are correct. I knew that I wasn't sure when I posted my comment. After reading your reply I found the game cartridge and it is indeed Shadows of the Empire. And I have to say, it was completely crap. Even for five year old me.
  • Kermit1970 - April 25, 2012 2:53 a.m.

Ok I haven't got MW3, but that screen shot looks like a non blown up version of Seine Crossing from BF3
  • IceBlueKirby - April 24, 2012 11:57 p.m.

Ugh, F-Zero GX. Doing regular races is great, 'cause no one beats King Meteor. Well, maybe sometimes, but not usually. But the story mode...dear lord. I don't know how many times I had to replay Red Canyon (thank God the music was awesome enough to keep me going) and when I finally beat Samurai Goroh, I rejoiced, only to have my ass stomped on the next race so many times I gave up forever. And Stuntman...I rented it, and it's probably the second worst game I've ever rented (after Sonic Shuffle...*shudder*) because I apparently could never do anything right. I think I played it for a day and just let it sit there for the rest of the time I had it.
  • Overlord153 - April 25, 2012 5:47 p.m.

You're lucky, you only rented Sonic Shuffle I bought and still have it. How the computer always knows which persong has the best card for them made me want to rip my dreamcast in half. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME TAILS!!! WHY!!!!!!
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:52 p.m.

Oh God stuntman... My brain had already blocked out the pain, rage and frustration that game brought upon me. Thanks for re-opening the wound GR... That being said... DMC3? really? yeah, the game is hard, but it's not THAT rage inducing, much less the first level. If anything, you guys wanted to put a mechanic that IS rage inducing of the DMC series? why not put the dice/luck based stages in DMC4? Depending on your luck, you could end up fighting a FUCKTON of bosses over and over again without ever advancing, and without that much to restore your health. Only worse thing than having a stage that makes you fight all the bosses of the game again, is to have it be a LUCK based stage.
  • mattdark - April 25, 2012 12:51 a.m.

Oh god, the dice... That just wiped all the fun out of what was an otherwise enjoyable game.
  • Mamudo - April 24, 2012 11:23 p.m.

A comeback with level 3 x-factor isn't too hard.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 12:02 a.m.

I think that was exactly why they put it there as rage inducing :P