• aequitas13 - September 26, 2010 11:54 p.m.

Great list! Only one I didn't see I thought I would... Flashback.
  • reeperskull - September 27, 2010 12:09 a.m.

id love a reboot of carmageddon with modern graphics it would be epic
  • Darkmessiah24 - September 27, 2010 12:15 a.m.

Battletoads, Jumping Flash, Shinobi and Legacy of Kain sounds good but I'd like to see more Power Stone, Tech Romancer, Viewtiful Joe, Jet Set Radio and (hopefully) Zone of the Enders.
  • cheezitmonster - September 27, 2010 2:16 a.m.

where's Earthbound
  • AuthorityFigure - September 27, 2010 2:52 a.m.

Shinobi was always better than 'Gaiden. Blizzard have forgotten how to make game-type games, and so Lost Vikings would require some sort of massively multiplayer BS, right?
  • theintellectual - September 27, 2010 3:25 a.m.

star wars battlefront. i died a little when i heard #3 was canceled.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - September 27, 2010 4:35 a.m.

@reaperskull No need. The king of car combat is back baby!
  • Erebus - September 27, 2010 5:27 a.m.

Wing Commander for sure. Sadly Origin died and EA owns the IP now I think :( Wing Commander Prophecy introduced a new character for you (the son of a great pilot in the Wing Commander 1 I believe), Blair disappears and then....nothing. First 3D WC game which looked great back then (should reinstall it to see how it looks now). Loved those games. (going on Origins...some may want a new Crusader game too) X-Wing vs TIE Fighter also. I feel that game was way ahead of its time since it was purely a multiplayer game in the 90s when multiplayer was basically just LAN. Imagine now. There could be some epic space battles nowadays with all human controlled fighters on both sides blasting away at each other whilst one side tries to protect a frigate. Why have space flight sims died :(
  • RedAppolyon - September 27, 2010 6:09 a.m.

Star Wars: Dark Forces or the Jedi Knight series. I have been dying for another Star Wars FPS for years now.
  • big0jeff - September 27, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I agree with aequitas13 about remake Flashback. One of the best games of the 16 bit era. However, a remake of the Kain series without Blood Omen, the one with the best story? Hell no!!!!
  • tankman232 - September 27, 2010 5:54 p.m.

flashback dammit!
  • d0x - September 27, 2010 6:44 p.m.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance was not a proper end to the series. In terms of the entire storyline it was just the start and im pissed it has never been concluded. As far as gaming stories goes its the most well written and well acted. The only crap thing is the lead writer Amy Hennig moved onto Naughty Dog after Defiance came out but I still want the series to continue. Look at my profile icon, fans of the series will know what it means!
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - September 27, 2010 8:13 p.m.

More Leagacy of Kain and Raziel please!
  • Samael - September 27, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I will always love you guys for mentioning Legacy of Kain whenever you get the chance. It remains my favorite game series of all goddamn time. I would do terrible, terrible things to get an HD remake of Soul Reaver 1. You don't even have to update the combat! If you're a true fan of the series, you love it the way it is! I can recite the entire opening of SR1 by heart! "Kain was deified. The clans tell tales of him. Few know the truth. He was mortal once...as were we all, but his contempt for humanity drove him to create me and my brethren. I am Raziel, first born of his lieutenants. I stood with Kain at-" Yeah I should probably stop there...
  • Romination - September 27, 2010 9:38 p.m.

So this list kind of sounds like "What the hell, Rare, dig up some of these franchises already"
  • luckyseven - September 28, 2010 6:14 a.m.

i dun think War of the Monsters qualifies as a franchise but it definitely deserves a next gen sequel...great list btw
  • shinigamiDude - September 28, 2010 8:52 a.m.

I totally enjoyed the days when I used to play 2 levels per day on PS2 Shinobi. I'll end up breaking the controller if I have to play more than 2 levels in one day.
  • lizhiyong60 - September 28, 2010 1:29 p.m.

Wonderful. Share a website with you , ( http://www.ashops.us/ ) Believe you will love it. We accept any form of payment
  • Danthelgard - October 1, 2010 2:06 a.m.

Hail to Battletoads and Battletoads with Double Dragon. I want to Double Dragon and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
  • samuralobama - October 1, 2010 10 p.m.

Screw all those games I WANT A JET SET RADIO FUTURE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE HERE MY CRY!