• killercroc72 - April 26, 2014 10:31 a.m.

Well, despite the fact we missed out on Bethesda's Civil War, at least PC gamers got the chance to try out the "Civil War Overhaul" over on the Nexus. I think the guy must have worked with Bethesda or something, before trying his hand at modding.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - April 24, 2014 3:10 p.m.

That's really disappointing to know that the Civil War (one of the main highlights of the game and arguably even more interesting than the main plot, IMO) was cut. Maybe one day if I ever get into PC gaming I'll download that mod that people have mentioned :P
  • mafyooz - April 24, 2014 3:44 a.m.

I get the feeling the torch and sconces in Dark Souls 2 were originally supposed to be more of a feature than they actually are. There was a lot of pre-launch hype about the way you'd be needing to weigh up whether to carry a torch or shield a lot of the time, which sounded like a nice idea. As it is I can only think of two times during the whole game where it's actually useful to have a lit torch.
  • MeanwhileGuy - April 23, 2014 12:37 p.m.

I distinctly remember Skyrim being supposed to have seasonal weather, so snow would have melted come spring and come back in winter, and things like that. Not sure why it got dummied out But yeah, I always switched out Vaan for Basch in my party. I dislike playing as blonde, shallow characters that don't even belong in the story.
  • EdDeRs1 - April 23, 2014 12:29 p.m.

originally you could visit the entire Free Marches in Dragon Age 2, but much like KOTOR 2, that was cut as well as a lot of content I don't know about because HOLIDAY RELEASE!
  • codystovall - April 22, 2014 11:32 p.m.

I feel like a lot of stuff mustve been cut from infinite because they couldnt make it work and i cant see the years they had of work in that game, that "gameplay" demo had me thinking events were spontaneous, elizabeth could change the environment and time.......man what a let down.
  • BladedFalcon - April 22, 2014 10:30 p.m.

Is Alice: Madness Returns anyone's favourite game? Also, yeah, I knew about the whole Basch thing for a while now, made even more angry at square for forcing Vaan and Penelo in the story. Lame, bland characters that truly added nothing to the overall plot.
  • Shnubby - April 23, 2014 9:30 a.m.

I really enjoyed Alice: Madness Returns. It's certainly not my favourite game ever but it's one of the better games from it's generation :P
  • Scoob - April 23, 2014 12:45 p.m.

I got Alice:MR during a Steam sale a few years ago. Decent atmosphere and all. But as far as gameplay, it doesn't come close to what Nintendo has been doing over the years. It just felt like they took aspects of Mario and Zelda, half-assed them both, and it didn't work. Then you take a game like Beyond Good and Evil, which did a lot of the same things, ended up being greater than the sum of it's parts. For the life of me, I can't pinpoint why.
  • Shnubby - April 23, 2014 4:55 p.m.

I know what you mean, none of the game felt polished or finished, I suppose I have no good reason to have enjoyed it so much but sometimes you don't need a reason. I started playing it, got hooked for some reason and didn't put the controller down until the game was complete, and when it ended I still craved more. Sign of a good game even if I have no idea why, haha!
  • Scoob - April 23, 2014 5:13 p.m.

It could be a generational thing regarding story and setting. I could see younger people being hooked on the game based on the story and such, because that aspect of the game was really well done. Gameplay is 90% of the reason I play a game. Story is almost 0% of the reason. A good story is great, but story neither makes or breaks a game for me unless it's just too much damn story sequences (as in 30 minutes of gameplay, followed by just as much story stuff, and then a snippet of actual game, an hour of story stuff, etc.). Though Bioware and Bethesda manage to make games where the story is an engaging aspect of the actual game, which I really like. I started gaming on a TRS-80 and Atari. But young people seem to put story on a much higher pedestal and for them, story can often carry a mediocre game. I'm guessing that is the case with yourself.
  • The_Tingler - April 23, 2014 2:59 p.m.

Fair enough, but I still loved it. I'd gladly put the several dungeons from Wind Waker or the extra level/areas from GoldenEye instead though.
  • Bansheebot - April 22, 2014 6:39 p.m.

It's probably worth mentioning that there is a mod which restores Skyrim's civil war. And no, there isn't any missing parts to it like voices or anything, it was just unimplemented and not completely tied together.
  • mothbanquet - April 24, 2014 3:31 a.m.

I too was about to point this out. The mod is great and those spontaneous, epic battles are really something to see - or avoid, if you don't want to get involved!
  • universaltofu - April 22, 2014 6:27 p.m.

Freegunning sounds cool, you kind of have that in TitanFall with certain setups, but to have it in Saints Row would be great.
  • Jacko415 - April 23, 2014 11:18 p.m.

It would awesome if done properly... but almost every game that tried it has been crap (BRINK, WET)
  • universaltofu - April 24, 2014 12:19 a.m.

I wonder why games haven't ever implemented 'gun kata' from Equilibrium and Ultraviolet, that could be another one if done properly wind up pretty awesome.
  • pl4y4h - April 22, 2014 5:04 p.m.

Infinite was definitely the strangest for me. Since I followed a lot of the info put out for it the in-game was quite different. I used to use Elizabeth's powers sparingly because i thought that concept of her being hurt was still in (and before I realized it wasn't I thought it was a welcome challenge of micromanaging) The Handymen (Alphas) used to have curly "pringlez-guy" mustaches and the way you got murder of crows was different.
  • LordZarlon - April 22, 2014 4:46 p.m.

You can get the content cut out of Knights of the Old Republic 2. Some hard working modders added the content back in as well as a lot of other work. It really improved the game. I think you can get the content through Steam even.
  • EdDeRs1 - April 23, 2014 12:30 p.m.

no you can't, you have to download it and add it to the Steam file manually, don't ask me how as I've forgotten, google it