• winner2 - November 26, 2012 1:03 p.m.

The good vs bad one is especially true I think. I don't particularly care for this country and I know that I paint myself as a big bulls-eye for a chunk of the people that are the super-neo-pro-military type when I say that. However, I find it hard to believe that even a close majority of soldiers joined the military out of love/pride for their country or whatever "good" thing you want. I can see plenty of people just joining for a way to pay through college, a future in it, or because there's really nowhere else for them to go.
  • zombi3grim - November 27, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Maybe in the army its like that. Not the marines. You dont join the marines to pay for school. You become a marine to fight for your country. I was in the marines and not one person wouldnt give their life for the civilians of the USA.
  • dlam - November 28, 2012 10:48 a.m.

double true dat everyone I know who joined the army did it for the $$$ :D
  • zombi3grim - November 28, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Whats funny is that all military makes the same base pay based on rank. Marines rank up the fastest. You get more money quicker in the marines. But you dont join the marines for money. Because if you do, you'll never make it.
  • Cwf2008 - December 12, 2012 2:46 p.m.

There are plenty of people who join because they love their country. The pay is pretty much on par with a minimum wage job if you're a private in the army. Just because someone like you doesn't want to put their skin on the line for their country doesn't mean everyone thinks that way
  • archnite - November 26, 2012 8:15 p.m.

That's actually the humanitarian option Snake is employing there apparently testicular contortion will put you right to sleep after pooping out all your ammo.
  • zymn - November 27, 2012 2:05 p.m.

-.- Bruce Springsteen does not have any patriotic songs. Born in the USA was anything but patriotic. It's about a guy who goes to prison and then is forced to go to Vietnam because of the lack of soldiers they had back then, then seeing all his friends die and coming home only to live a shitty life. How is that patriotic? I'm sick of people getting this wrong.
  • BobbyRobby - January 21, 2013 6:57 p.m.

I cannot agree with the 8th and 10th slides. For one, International Rules during times of war will only be applied if either side needs an edge. Since they don't want to lose, they will violate those rules without hesitation. One of the primary reasons these international war laws were made were to keep war from escalating too far as we have seen in the past. In addition to that, those rules will really only apply if there is one side that grossly outguns the opposing side and if they violate those rules, they will then have international backlash for it. As for slide 10, battles do win wars. Since the development of State armies, people base their progress in war upon battles fought and their decisive victories or defeats. As the says goes, " For a state to win a war, they have to win decisive battles. For those without a state to win a war, they just have to not lose." In this day and age, battles are just as important now as they were back 200 years ago. They might be different in how they are staged, but the underlying fact is that they are still needed to gauge how well you are doing against your enemy. Other than that, I find these to be really good. Trying to hit a target is not as simple as games make it out to be. Also those dumb stats about "gun damage" are retarded as any gun can kill you, it is doesn't matter what type.