• Clovin64 - June 1, 2011 12:37 p.m.

I would have put online Monster Hunter in there, but thats just me.
  • playoldgames - June 1, 2011 11:18 a.m.

Not to mention that level 99 of Bubble Bobble iis pretty much impossible without two players...
  • ShortFuse - June 1, 2011 10:14 a.m.

personally I thought Conflict Desert Storm 2 had a great co-op when done with 2 players (frame rate got too choppy with four though)Also, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...but only when you could actually get everyone together with GBAs/Cables and all that balls...a hassle, but very good when all the required resources were available.
  • UncleMomo - June 1, 2011 8:57 a.m.

GamesRadar - you disappoint. Where's Kuri Kuri Mix? I have a friend who's marraige barely survived a play through with his wife!
  • Darkhawk - June 1, 2011 7:27 a.m.

Since Gears doesn't have a friendly fire option, it's fun to devise other ways to hurt your partner. My favourite is blowing up those glowing spore/candle things strewn about the levels. Get one just as your buddy is walking past, and it'll knock him down for the count. Run around laughing at him before giving a partner recover and continuing the mission.
  • FirLocke - June 1, 2011 7:17 a.m.

Uncharted 2's Plunder mode really needs co-operation to succeed.
  • FOZ - June 1, 2011 6:58 a.m.

Really GhostLightning? You can beat L4D by yourself... by hiding in a safe house? Are you sure you played L4D? The game with the zombies, the old guy, the biker guy, you know? This stereotyping has gone on LONG ENOUGH. Pyros do not just exist to check for spies. Pyros are integral to destroying sentry farms, defending teams from demoman spam, being a bitch against ubers, put out teammates who are on fire, and getting spontaneously buffed every time Valve has nothing else to do. Not all pyros just spy check and that's it, some pyros even encourage good relationships with spies, at least those of the same color. Are we really going to continue to allow our pyro-children to be brainwashed into thinking they HAVE to be a spychecker? They can be whatever they want to be! The pyros have put up with being under the burden of taking the blame from teammates too stupid to check for spies by themselves for too long. The stereotyping has to end.
  • RedKirth - June 1, 2011 6:52 a.m.

Also, Killing Floor.
  • ManlyPanda98 - June 1, 2011 5:59 a.m.

Fuck yeah! 4pp is on here
  • Flashinthepan - June 1, 2011 4:59 a.m.

JoeMulvihill1 is right, where's Lost Planet 2? And why is Gears on here? If you wanted co-op shooter, why not just throw in all multiplayer FPSs? GoW doesn't even have the most intersting or fun horde modes. on another note, where is Resident Evil 5? that game is built around the idea of playing with another person, because the AI is not up to the required tasks.
  • NanoElite666 - June 1, 2011 4:56 a.m.

I love me some Nazi Zombies, although I guess it's really the same horde mode stuff as Gears. But still, there's nothing quite like a four-hour romp through Der Riese with a couple of friends when we all know what the hell we're all doing.
  • Yeager1122 - June 1, 2011 4:11 a.m.

So many good times playing left 4 dead with my freinds and gears of war the Co-Op in both of them is great.
  • batman5273 - June 1, 2011 3:51 a.m.

I would have also included Brink and Ghostbusters
  • Jonamon23 - June 1, 2011 3:41 a.m.

I would have to add Splosion Man and Bad Company 2. The later levels or SMan require perfect synchronization and the best friendships.
  • hester2 - June 1, 2011 3:38 a.m.

Here's my problem with Portal 2: I waited too long to try co-op. Now everyone I try to play with has beaten it, which means they know how to solve it. Hearing someone say "Hey, I've done this before, just put a portal there, etc." isn't very fun. That's why I hope Valve releases some brutal singleplayer test chambers. Not all of us have the time to experience the whole game in three days.
  • JHONNYOHH - June 1, 2011 3:30 a.m.

4playerpodcast, very nice <3
  • spencertucksen - June 1, 2011 3:15 a.m.

League of Legends is actually better than DotA. Just saying...that should have been your example. But it is good to see those games getting some mention.
  • MyNameIsMyName - June 1, 2011 2:52 a.m.

For what it's worth I made it to the light bridge on Portal 2 playing both controllers by myself.
  • StuntzMcKenzy - June 1, 2011 2:28 a.m.

I completely agree with D0CCON the only cooperation that Gears Of War requires is neither party be bullet sponges.
  • FETALJUICE - June 1, 2011 2:10 a.m.

What about Bulletstorm's Anarchy mode where you definitely had to communicate with others in order to reach the score limit so you could advance to the next wave?