• mothbanquet - November 9, 2013 1:35 a.m.

I'd had a 'Ghillied Up' moment years before in Operation Flashpoint - one that wasn't scripted so that lost the CoD moment a few points for me. One of my most memorable was rushing that damn German hill in CoD2 for the first time - the smoke went up and I just ran, praying all the way.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 8, 2013 4:35 p.m.

Black Ops prison break was pretty damn fun.
  • thyho - November 8, 2013 2:35 p.m.

all ghillied up is the best moment of this generation and killing the first bigdaddy in bioshock.
  • sephex - November 8, 2013 11:32 a.m.

No russian. Otherwise I agree with the first two chioces.
  • Sjoeki - November 8, 2013 1:39 p.m.

You think No russian is one of the best moments in the C.O.D. franchise? I will say that it made a lot of buzz, but I don't think it made a great moment in the game.
  • sephex - November 8, 2013 4:17 p.m.

I think it has to be somewhere in there.
  • BaraChat - November 8, 2013 10:46 a.m.

For me, the best 3 of them come from, obviously, CoD4. Then there's the betrayal at the end of MW2, which is still incredibly frustrating. Then the no-gravity set piece in MW3. That's about it. I thought WaW was forgettable and Black Ops incredibly poopy and I don't own either BlOps II or Ghosts (and I don't plan to).
  • zombi3grim - November 10, 2013 10:57 a.m.

Okay. What do you want, a cookie?
  • BaraChat - November 10, 2013 11:26 a.m.

I'm actually eating one as I'm reading this comment, so I'll have to politely decline the offer. But hey, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. :)
  • zombi3grim - November 10, 2013 12:56 p.m.

zooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooom! *your head*
  • brickman409 - November 10, 2013 3 p.m.

I liked that sniper mission from World at War, I thought that was memorable. The ending was kind of cool too. I think WAW is under rated
  • Manguy17 - November 8, 2013 9:09 a.m.

It's silly, but I liked the moment near the end of blops 2 where you get the play as (insert main bad guys name here) and have the choice to kill (military boss man) on the ship. By that point in the game I had decided that I liked (main bad guy) more than woods, mason, mason jr or harper (aka woods 2.0). Btw, Im not trying to have a dig at cod in this post, I just dont pay much attention to character names in shooters.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 8, 2013 7:16 a.m.

Honestly I'd love it if the campaign was available to download on its own at a reduced price. I don't bother much spending hours grinding up the levels on MP but I wouldn't mind a 5-6 hour blastathon for a £10-£15 download campaign
  • CitizenWolfie - November 8, 2013 7:12 a.m.

Definitely a well deserved top three at least but I'm surprised there's nothing from Black Ops (my favourite of the series, campaign-wise). What about shooting Castro in the face? Stalking through the jungle, lurking in the river and playing Russian Roulette in 'Nam? The Rolling Stones playing along the entry to Cambodia? Meeting JFK? The attack on the army base in Vietnam again? Hudson being cool as f*ck? Some other highlights from the other games include escaping from the sinking ship, sniping Zakhaev and then killing him again in CoD4. Climbing the icy cliffs and ghosting the Russian hangar, battling through the favela in Rio de Janeiro and escaping over the rooftops after losing your weapons, the last stand at the US burger bar, busting prisoner 627 out of the Gulag, the huge seige at Makarov's estate and Shepherd taking a knife to the eye in MW2. The sandstorm in Sierra Leone, fighting through the London Underground and the streets of Paris, the flashback to Pripyat as told by someone on the other side, escaping Prague with Soap on your back and storming the hotel in Dubai in MW3. And how could I forget? "No Russian..."
  • winner2 - November 7, 2013 5:55 p.m.

I remember that WaW scene, it was a special one. I think I liked waw most out of the series as a whole so far, but 'all ghillied up' is an amazing part of the 7th gen regardless of your opinion on CoD.
  • shawksta - November 7, 2013 12:52 p.m.

Ah World at War, having played it AFTER Black Ops, it was really nice seeing Reznof with you the entire game.
  • DUK3 R3X - November 13, 2012 12:20 a.m.

MW1 was great.... MW2 was even better!! Shepherd is a doos! His betrayal was fatal for me! Can't wait to play MW3.. is it good?
  • trevor-wagner - November 22, 2012 11:11 p.m.

MW3 is a disappointment number 2 is the high point of the series and the story of 3 isn't that great of a story but of course that's just my opinion
  • shawksta - November 7, 2013 12:56 p.m.

To finish off the series? Yes, its great, new companionship, lost, satisfaction, im surprised you didnt finish it yet. I dont like ranking, but MW3 finishes off the whole storyline MW started.
  • Pruman - November 8, 2013 6 a.m.

I just wrapped up MW3 a month or so ago, and I thought it was awesome. Almost as good as COD4. There are many standout moments, but my favorite has to be "Iron Lady," where you alternate between all-out city warfare on the ground and blasting ridiculous amounts of tanks in the C-130 "Death From Above" style, before holding back a furious assault and indirectly destroying a famous building/monument.