Console gamers don't have to worry about such things as required system specs, but it's a core part of the PC gaming experience - will my rig handle the latest titles or melt into a pool of metal under the strain?
It's a question you can now find the answer to where BioShock is concerned. 2K Games has given the minimum and recommended hardware specs for Irrational's FPS on PC - and you're going to need hefty whack to get it smooth and gorgeous.
Here are those (deep breath) specs...
Minimum system requirements
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
- System RAM: 1GB
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Hard disc space: 8GB free space
Recommended system requirements
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- System RAM: 2GB
- Video card: DX9: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better); DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)
In addition to the above info, 2K has released some extremely dull screenshots from BioShock on PC (so dull in fact that we'll just link to them) and promises that "Irrational has spent a ton of time... creating an amazing and unique experience for the PC gamer."
Check out ourE3 previewof BioShock, while waiting for itto come out on August 24.
July 18, 2007