Rez, Child of Eden creator steps back from games development
We can still remember how those musical shooters used to make us smile
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Rez and Child of Eden creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi is no longer producing games. Q Entertainment, which Mizuguchi co-founded in 2003, told Eurogamer that he is becoming more of a spokesperson for the company since leaving active production.
Mizuguchi's last game was Child of Eden, a musical shooter which was well-received by critics but sold only 34,000 copies in its release month of June 2011, according to the NPD Group. Q Entertainment director Nobuhiko Shimizu said Mizuguchi has become more involved in academia since its release, though he retains an active role at the company.
Q Entertainment's most recent game, Lumines Electronic Symphony, was led by producer James Mielke who has since left the company. Mizuguchi said the company is looking to continue its musical focus in a new genre.
"We are now thinking about combining music games with card-battle games," Shimizu said. "We now have several productions to develop that kind of game."
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more

I got a BA in journalism from Central Michigan University - though the best education I received there was from CM Life, its student-run newspaper. Long before that, I started pursuing my degree in video games by bugging my older brother to let me play Zelda on the Super Nintendo. I've previously been a news intern for GameSpot, a news writer for CVG, and was formerly a staff writer at GamesRadar+.


