Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer and DLC will be discussed "early next year"

Cyberpunk 2077
(Image credit: CD Projekt Red)

In an emergency board call, CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński has said it's "too early to judge" what might happen with Cyberpunk 2077's DLC and multiplayer.

As first picked up on by Reddit earlier this morning on December 15, Kiciński and other CD Projekt leads held an emergency meeting to address the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 and Xbox One, which the company apologised for earlier this week. When asked about what might happen with the game's planned DLC and multiplayer component, Kiciński said that it's "too early to judge," but added that "it's ahead of us, so we don't know yet. We are now focused on improving Cyberpunk and will discuss it early next year."

"About multiplayer, first and foremost we haven't declared any date yet, and as I said before it's hard to judge now," Kiciński said of of Cyberpunk 2077's planned multiplayer mode. "We're in a situation which wasn't planned, and we'll have to reassess where we are, and that's the plan for January. So now we are managing the situation of the single-player, we are working on patches and communication, and to refocus on gamers. We have to sit and discuss."

If you're trying and struggling to get a refund for your purchase of CD Projekt's game on any platform, you can head over to our Cyberpunk 2077 refund guide for immediate help.

Hirun Cryer

Hirun Cryer is a freelance reporter and writer with Gamesradar+ based out of U.K. After earning a degree in American History specializing in journalism, cinema, literature, and history, he stepped into the games writing world, with a focus on shooters, indie games, and RPGs, and has since been the recipient of the MCV 30 Under 30 award for 2021. In his spare time he freelances with other outlets around the industry, practices Japanese, and enjoys contemporary manga and anime.