The Destiny 2 Born in Darkness questline can be started just after you complete the Beyond Light campaign, and working through it will unlock more Stasis powers to power up your Darkness Subclass. You’ll get two Aspects – interesting new powers and enhancements to existing abilities to bolster your Stasis powers – and two more grenades to go along with Glacier Grenades. Each of the four parts of Born in Darkness feature many small Destiny 2 objectives that are relatively easy to complete but quite time consuming, so this guide has some useful tips that should help you get through the entire Destiny 2 Born in Darkness questline quickly.
You’ll only be able to begin the Born in Darkness questline once you’ve completed the Destiny 2 Beyond Light campaign, so make sure you’ve done that first! Speak to the Exo Stranger and she’ll hand you the first part and then it’s up to you to work through the objectives and report back to the Stranger to more parts:
Destiny 2 Born in Darkness Part 1
For Born in Darkness Part 1, you need to complete the following objectives in this order:
- Collect 50 Energized Ether from by defeating Fallen on Europa, and get 10 Stasis melee final blows on any combatant on Europa. Cadmus Ridge, Eventide Ruins, and the Concealed Void Lost Sector are the best places to find Fallen on Europa.
- Complete any three Strikes with Stasis equipped and defeat 60 combatants with Stasis in playlist Strikes.
- Defeat Weniks, Salvation Elite's Platoon in Eternity. Head through the Bray Exoscience facility to reach Eternity and the Crux of Darkness. Weniks will be there defending it.
- Complete the Bunker E15 Lost Sector and speak with the Exo Stranger. You’ll run into the Stanger as you walk through the bunker exit doors.
After a chat with the Exo Stranger, she’ll teleport away and will invite you to speak back at Beyond. Head over there, speak to her, and she’ll give you the Aspect of Control quest followed by Born in Darkness Part 2.
Destiny 2 Born in Darkness Part 2
For Born in Darkness Part 2, complete these objectives in this order:
- Collect 50 Energized Radiolarian Fluid by defeating Vex on Europa, and get 20 Stasis Shatter final blows by shattering frozen combatants and Stasis crystals on Europa. The Destiny 2 Perdition Lost Sector in Cadmus Ridge is the best place for Vex kills.
- Complete any 3 playlist activities with Stasis equipped, and in playlist activities, affect 60 combatants with Stasis.
- Defeat Meliks, Salvation Elite's Platoon in Riis-Reborn Approach. Take the gravity lift in Eventide Ruins up to Riis-Reborn and head through the approach, taking the path on the right when they begin to split. Then take the next gravity lift up and use the teleporter to reach the next area and the Darkness Crux that Meliks is defending.
- Complete the Perdition Lost Sector and speak with the Exo Stranger. You’ll find her in a lab on the right of the Loss Sector boss arena.
Following another conversation with the Exo Stranger, meet her back at Beyond and she’ll give you Duskfield Grenades for your Stasis Subclass and Born in Darkness Part 3.
Destiny 2 Born in Darkness Part 3
In Born in Darkness Part 3, you must get through these objectives in this order:
- Defeat 30 Vex for their Darkness Energy, defeat 30 Fallen for their Darkness Energy, and on Europa, affect 20 combatants with Stasis.
- Complete 3 Gambit matches with Stasis equipped and affect 60 combatants with Stasis in Gambit.
- Defeat Teraks, Salvation Elite Platoon in Eternity. This is the same place as where you defeated Weniks in Part 1.
- Complete the Concealed Void Lost Sector and speak with the Exo Stranger. Head into the lab in the back-right corner of the Lost Sector boss arena.
After you’re catch-up with the Exo Stranger and Ana Bray, you’ll need to head back to Beyond to debrief with the Stranger and unlock Coldsnap Grenades for your Stasis Subclass. She’ll also give you the fourth and final part of the Destiny 2 Born in Darkness questline.
Destiny 2 Born in Darkness Part 4
For the final Born in Darkness quest, complete these objectives in this order:
- Defeat 50 combatants on Europa using Stasis abilities.
- Complete three Nightfall Strikes and defeat 60 combatants affected by Stasis in Nightfall Strikes.
- Defeat the House Salvation platoon in Creation. Head through the Bray Exoscience facility and take the door on the right in the main entrance hall to reach Creation.
- Bring the Skeleton Key to the Exo Stranger in Creation. Carry on through Creation to reach the giant Exo head.
- Meet with Exo Stranger in Beyond.
To round off the whole Born in Darkness questline, the Exo Stranger will gift you the Destiny 2 Aspect of Destruction quest to get your second Stasis Aspect.