The signed Nintendo DS is one of Marie’s most prized keepsakes. She identifies the opportunity to meet with the individuals who signed the DS as a highlight of both her career and life as a geek. And who wouldn’t? Just look at the list of luminaries who graced this handheld with their autographs.
- Shigeru Miyamoto: One of the most iconic video game designers in history. Miyamoto is credited with the creation of Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, and more.
- Koji Kondo: A legendary video game composer who composed the classic Mario and Zelda tunes, among many others.
- Charles Martinet: Mario’s official voice actor since 1995. He also provides voices for Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and more.
- Eiji Aonuma: A video game designer and director who oversaw several Legend of Zelda titles including Ocarina of time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and more.
- Martin Leung: Known as the "Video Game Pianist," Martin became famous for playing the Super Mario Bros theme blindfolded. He now tours the world and performs with Video Games Live.
Marie only has three feedback points on her eBay account but promises she will send proof of the donation to the winning bidder. A small caveat to note is that eBay has a specific option where users can donate all of an auction's proceeds to a charity. Marie is not using that option, instead assuring that she will take the money from the auction herself and then send it to the American Red Cross.
As of Tuesday afternoon, bidding on the DS had topped $1,800. The auction will close on March 21 at 2:53 PM Eastern Time. You can find the eBay auctionhere.
Mar 15, 2011
Got a newstip? Let us know email@example.com