• JPorFavor - September 25, 2010 12:17 a.m.

I think it's because Japanese people don't use their internet that often, it's expensive to do so and the PSP and DS are more portable systems that can be used on their large large train commutes. Cultural differences, everyone. American characters have muscles that if you squint can look like humans, and the Japanese have their tentacles and girly men.
  • YuGiOhisbetterthanMagic - September 24, 2010 11:53 p.m.

HAHAHAHA! guess Magic anit the only thing YuGiOh is better than.
  • slowdrum13 - September 24, 2010 11:36 p.m.

The cultural gap is getting wider. Japanese games are terrible, and they think the same of western games. So let them have their same-y spikey haired annoying characters and big robots and we'll have our good, professional looking software.
  • FNG - September 24, 2010 11:32 p.m.

This is why I hate Japan.
  • Eaxis - September 24, 2010 11:25 p.m.

Halo should delay their game in japan, and not compete with that huge franchise. Actually I don't think it would matter anyway. This is clearly Charlie's fault(obviously sarcasm).
  • ChrisCultista - September 24, 2010 11:25 p.m.

When Pokemans beige comes out it will still sell more than any game ever. Get used to it.
  • 510BrotherPanda - September 24, 2010 11:24 p.m.

Yugioh got even DUMBER once they started doing everything on motorcycles... How do you drive a 2 wheel vehicle and play card games at the same time?!? Pokemon was to be expected though...
  • GameManiac - September 24, 2010 11:24 p.m.

I think the main title of this article should be "How big is the overshadow cast down by Pokemon Black and White in Japan?" I can only imagine how well B/W will sell in America. Now that I think about it, Mario has sold more than 240 million copies and Pokemon has sold more than 200 million copies. I wonder why?
  • MrDuracraft - September 24, 2010 11:21 p.m.

@oufour @Mikaro But the Yu-Gi-Oh game? C'mon. I thought that series died years ago.
  • Mikaro - September 24, 2010 11:17 p.m.

Well..... It IS Pokemon...
  • oufour - September 24, 2010 11:16 p.m.

THIS does not surprize me in the slightest.