• lilbuddha - April 27, 2012 1:39 p.m.

Friday the 13th was a good game. Just difficult enough, soundtrack was awesome, and when you finally got the sweater, that huge sigh of relief.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:44 p.m.

I fully agree actually. I loved that game and even picked it up last year at a pawn shop. Getting the pitchfork in that game was like getting the BFG in Doom! Jason was damn near god-like though. I could never defeat him.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 3 p.m.

Honestly? I don't remember the game being that bad either. I died a lot, and never really got close to finish it. But I was a little kid, so I'm blaming that on me being too young and not getting it. What I remember of the game was actually pretty solid, and creepy. But eh *shrugs* maybe I was also too young to know any better XD
  • Japanaman - April 27, 2012 1:25 p.m.

Why was Blasto, Rascal, Battle Arena Toshinden, Battle Los Angeles, Soul Blade/Edge, Wild Gunman, and the SNES version of WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game not in there somewhere?
  • lilbuddha - April 27, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Two of those games are extremely good, and were highly rated for their time.
  • SpaceOdysseus - April 27, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Ok, WHAT? Toshinden and Soul Edge were pretty cool. And Wild Gunman wasn't amazing, it was just some harmless little light gun game, hardly worth the hate.
  • J-Fid - April 27, 2012 3:20 p.m.

SOUL EDGE!? No that is NOT bad, how could you even THINK that!?
  • Japanaman - April 27, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Sorry, but I bought SF The Movie for the Saturn for a whopping $1.99 and I rather enjoyed the game. It's cheesy good fun that plays better than Mortal Kombat.
  • dakota-martin - April 27, 2012 1:19 p.m.

How about Hour of Victory for the 360? that. was. absolute. crap
  • FatTroll - April 27, 2012 1:13 p.m.

What about X-Perts on Sega Genesis. One hour is enough to give you jaundice.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:12 p.m.

You know what? E.T. kicked ass! I'm guessing most of the people reading this or who have an opinion about it have never played the damn thing. I was about 4 or 5 and I could get out of those holes without too much trouble. It was the Dark Souls of it's day and I gladly handed that game it's ass. Go ahead flame on!
  • dakota-martin - April 27, 2012 1:23 p.m.

you prove a good point sir. I have never played the game and just always assumed that it was always bad. Mainly due to the fact that the developers BURNED the copies of the game that didnt sell and buried the ash in the middle of nowhere.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:29 p.m.

That is my problem with it. I think that they are judging E.T. because of the story rather than the game itself. Seriously.....nothing is worse than Superman 64......NOTHING. And yet somehow it is beneath(above?) E.T. Oh....and lets not forget about how E.T. inexplicably beat a game about raping Indians...........
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:25 p.m.

Seriously GR your #1 pick smacks of phoning it in. Everyone knows the damned story about the cartridge landfill. My question is was there anyone on staff old enough to actually have played it or did you guys just copy and past this from the hundreds of other "worst games" lists? The only one I could see being old enough to play it might be Mikel Reparaz but I have never heard him mention Atari on GR. If someone on staff has legitimately played the game I will take it all back. I'm just saying that I played a lot of Atari as a kid and there was many games as bad or worse than E.T. Like Inca Gold.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 1:30 p.m.

...Are people seriously going to throw a fit for which game got the #1 of worst game of all time? seriously?
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:39 p.m.

Try reading my comments next time instead of saying I'm throwing a fit. I'm saying this is like creating a list of the worst movies ever and slapping Twilight on there as #1 despite having never seen it. And considering you comment on almost every article arguing with people I wouldn't be judging others on what they are spending their time doing.......so yeah.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - April 27, 2012 1:50 p.m.

^ This. I agree, I don't think the members gamesradar have played several of the games they like to toss into lists such as these, simply to show off their 'extensive gaming knowledge'. Anyone who says twilight is the worst movie of all time clearly hasn't seen 2012: Battle of los angeles. A good trailer does not a film make.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 2:19 p.m.

And 2012: battle los Angeles still wasn't worse than Transformers: Dark of the Moon... And even that movie isn't close to some of the real turds cinema has produced. So let's not go down that path? XD
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 2:16 p.m.

Yeah, I have too much free time, and I like to argue *shrugs* I obviously don't mind, why should you? And i did read your comment. Your argument is basically that you don't think E.T. deserves to be number 1 and accuse GR of never playing it, because you remembered beating it and enjoying it... How is that proving hat they didn't play the game? Even if they didn't necessarily grow up with it, you can find a copy and play it. And while I haven't played it myself to properly judge it. Seeing videos of it... it's frankly a pretty fucking boring game, if nothing else.
  • lilbuddha - April 27, 2012 1:42 p.m.

I was never able to get Inca Gold to run on my computer back in the day... And I question whether the majority of the GR staff has played a lot of things, they clearly have no idea what a good PC FPS is about, and their coverage of mmo's is just shy of horrible.