We Recommend

• jeremy-warner - April 27, 2012 2:48 p.m.

I like sonic, it was mainly awful glitches (and silver) but I liked it, I think people dislike sonic just because everyone else does. Mob mentality
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 27, 2012 5:14 p.m.

I agree with you to a point... Sonic has become a punching bag, which is unfortunate because he was literally my idol growing up. But the 2006 was pretty friggin bad, not "25 of the worst games ever" bad, but still really bad.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 27, 2012 5:15 p.m.

2006 game***
  • ThatGamerDude - April 27, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Big Rigs should be at least #2 or #3 on this list (Nothing can surpass E.T. the game in suckage) for the fact that while most of these games HAD some playability in it, Big Rigs was practically unplayable in any way. The fact that there was no collision detection, the AI couldn't move prior to a patch that only made them move to the end of the finish line and stop completely, a level that completely crashed the game (which was patched with another level that was identical to one already in the game), the ability to travel out of the map and not be affected by the laws of gravity, being able to travel at infinite speed while in reverse, shitty graphics, and the horrible language (YOU'RE WINNER is the first thing that comes to mind), makes this game easily the worse on this list. And now that I think about it, Big Rigs should be #1 on this list. Screw E.T.! Rant over...
  • ncurry2 - April 27, 2012 3:04 p.m.

I beg to differ. Big Rig's complete and utter broken-ness is the only reason I have ever played it. It's funny to go in reverse since there's no cap to your speed that way. It's fun to drive into a mountain expecting to get slowed down and instead drive straight over it off the map. Good times.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 27, 2012 3:36 p.m.

I do agree with you on that but that shouldn't give the game a reason to remain broken. Most of the games near the top of this list are there because they are broken and glitch-fests which are (in this case) meant to make the game horrible and not entertaining. Again though, I do agree with your statement. Those glitches are fun to abuse but for this article, they're not meant to be.
  • ncurry2 - April 27, 2012 8:31 p.m.

Oh ya, I understand. But there's not a chance in hell I would have played this game if it was actually a game where you race semis. Granted, I didn't exactly pay for it either so it's not like I was doing them any favors.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 27, 2012 2:02 p.m.

I get that Sonic the Hedgehog was a shitty game, I won't argue that... But I really don't think it deserves a spot on the 25 worst of all time. Some levels weren't that bad, and the bosses were kinda fun (minus Silver, fuck him). Don't get me wrong, I would never play it again on my own accord haha, but for it to be compared to the likes of Leisure suit Larry is just a dick thing to do. Ah well, LONG LIVE THE WEEK OF HATE!
  • lilbuddha - April 27, 2012 1:39 p.m.

Friday the 13th was a good game. Just difficult enough, soundtrack was awesome, and when you finally got the sweater, that huge sigh of relief.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:44 p.m.

I fully agree actually. I loved that game and even picked it up last year at a pawn shop. Getting the pitchfork in that game was like getting the BFG in Doom! Jason was damn near god-like though. I could never defeat him.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 3 p.m.

Honestly? I don't remember the game being that bad either. I died a lot, and never really got close to finish it. But I was a little kid, so I'm blaming that on me being too young and not getting it. What I remember of the game was actually pretty solid, and creepy. But eh *shrugs* maybe I was also too young to know any better XD
  • Japanaman - April 27, 2012 1:25 p.m.

Why was Blasto, Rascal, Battle Arena Toshinden, Battle Los Angeles, Soul Blade/Edge, Wild Gunman, and the SNES version of WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game not in there somewhere?
  • lilbuddha - April 27, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Two of those games are extremely good, and were highly rated for their time.
  • SpaceOdysseus - April 27, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Ok, WHAT? Toshinden and Soul Edge were pretty cool. And Wild Gunman wasn't amazing, it was just some harmless little light gun game, hardly worth the hate.
  • J-Fid - April 27, 2012 3:20 p.m.

SOUL EDGE!? No that is NOT bad, how could you even THINK that!?
  • Japanaman - April 27, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Sorry, but I bought SF The Movie for the Saturn for a whopping $1.99 and I rather enjoyed the game. It's cheesy good fun that plays better than Mortal Kombat.
  • dakota-martin - April 27, 2012 1:19 p.m.

How about Hour of Victory for the 360? that. was. absolute. crap
  • FatTroll - April 27, 2012 1:13 p.m.

What about X-Perts on Sega Genesis. One hour is enough to give you jaundice.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:12 p.m.

You know what? E.T. kicked ass! I'm guessing most of the people reading this or who have an opinion about it have never played the damn thing. I was about 4 or 5 and I could get out of those holes without too much trouble. It was the Dark Souls of it's day and I gladly handed that game it's ass. Go ahead flame on!
  • dakota-martin - April 27, 2012 1:23 p.m.

you prove a good point sir. I have never played the game and just always assumed that it was always bad. Mainly due to the fact that the developers BURNED the copies of the game that didnt sell and buried the ash in the middle of nowhere.
  • Redeater - April 27, 2012 1:29 p.m.

That is my problem with it. I think that they are judging E.T. because of the story rather than the game itself. Seriously.....nothing is worse than Superman 64......NOTHING. And yet somehow it is beneath(above?) E.T. Oh....and lets not forget about how E.T. inexplicably beat a game about raping Indians...........