Topics

Retro

• IceBlueKirby - July 3, 2012 12:20 p.m.

That is pretty terrible, even for the time. Most of the Saturn games I've played only FELT slow due to stiff animation or input lag or something like that, but at least most of them had decent framerates.
  • killerjuan77 - July 3, 2012 12:02 p.m.

Almost every Idea Factory and Compile Heart game runs poorly, Crysotasis is a slideshow regardless of your specs, The Last Remnant on the 360 is also horrible.
  • ThatGamerDude - July 3, 2012 11:18 a.m.

RPG Maker 3 on the PS2 might beat this with a frame rate of 3fps (and that's just walking!).
  • cosmicshambles - July 3, 2012 10:46 a.m.

Just looks like a normal GamesRadar video to me. OH SNAP!
  • Cloudiology - July 3, 2012 2:03 p.m.

comment of the week!
  • Hobogonigal - July 4, 2012 1:57 a.m.

Boom, well done I say!
  • ObliqueZombie - July 3, 2012 10:06 a.m.

God, if anyone continues bitching about modern games (hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha), I'll just show them this.
  • thing1amc - July 3, 2012 10:02 a.m.

Since that god damn patch, my pc version of dragon age: origins runs like this.
  • Cloudiology - July 3, 2012 9:39 a.m.

virtual hydlide on my sega saturn was one of my most nostalgiac games.. seeing that article picture sent shivers down my spine. loved it! even though myself and my brother knew it completely sucked! but it didn't suck! not to kids! i even rebought it on ebay a few years back for 50 euro... box is on the shelf! wow.. i miss my saturn! 8(
  • Redeater - July 3, 2012 9:14 a.m.

Ultima IX: Ascension Even on higher end machines it rivaled this at times. On mid range computers? Forget about it.
  • Redeater - July 3, 2012 10:17 a.m.

This is still running 4fps faster than Silent Hill: Downpour.
  • KA87 - July 3, 2012 8:46 a.m.

That might have been the most terrifying bat that I have ever seen. It made the Gapping Dragon from Dark Souls look like a cuddy puppy lol. Also isn’t a broom the weapon of choice against bats that are trying to attack you?
  • aberkromby - July 3, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Looks almost as bad as Medal of Honor during the helicopter level.
  • SentientSquidMachine - July 3, 2012 8:21 a.m.

It's 3D in '95. As a 6 year old with a Genesis this would have blown my mind. I thought Vector Man had the greatest graphics ever. Simpler times.
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 3, 2012 8:10 a.m.

Christ, it reminds me of that time I took a whole bunch of ke... I mean, wow yea, that frame rate sure is slow. Still for the time, this was badass.
  • Cyberninja - July 3, 2012 7:56 a.m.

That wasn't that bad because its a Saturn game where it was advanced for its time, its a problem with PS3 Skyrim because it was a 2011 game. I bet no PS3 only player felt Skyrim was game of the year but I could be wrong.
  • RebornKusabi - July 3, 2012 9:37 a.m.

Not a PS3-only owner but someone who foolishly bought the game for the PS3 and I don't consider it Game of the Year last year... that would be Dark Souls. Only after a friend let me borrow Skyrim on the 360 did I get to play the game and... my opinion still stands, Dark Souls ate more of my time and enjoyment than Skyrim did.
  • ObliqueZombie - July 3, 2012 10:06 a.m.

They're two different cup of teas, you shouldn't be comparing them to begin with. It's like comparing Halo with Singularity.
  • bebl09 - July 4, 2012 8:40 p.m.

lolwat? Halo and Singularity are both sci-fi FPSs, yes there's obvious differences but they're still comparable. Also he was talking about what his game of the year was. Games don't have to be comparable if you're just saying what the best game in a given year was.
  • ObliqueZombie - July 4, 2012 10:52 p.m.

No, you're right. But his tone suggested that Dark Souls bested Skyrim, meaning in that endless "which RPG is better" debate. Not just overall game of the year. And if you honestly think Singularity and Halo are comparable, just because a few lasers and a first-person perspective is involved, you might want to dig deeper into the games you're playing.