• Fuzunga - September 13, 2012 8:01 p.m.

Basic for me. I probably won't need an external drive at launch, and I don't know that I'll need a pro controller at launch either. And then buying from Amazon deducts the tax. Of course, there's the matter of games...
  • Burdmayn - September 13, 2012 8:21 p.m.

Woah, Amazon doesn't tax you? They just started doing so for my area...
  • GR_TomMagrino - September 13, 2012 8:27 p.m.

As it would turn out, Californians don't pay sales tax for Amazon goods...until next weekend!
  • GR_SophiaTong - September 13, 2012 8:57 p.m.

What? Really? *runs off to buy something expensive off Amazon*
  • Fuzunga - September 13, 2012 10:20 p.m.

I live in Florida and I've never ever been charged tax for an Amazon purchase. I wasn't aware anyone was charged sales tax on Amazon. I've looked into it and, yeah, a number of states are charged or will be charged in the near future. I had no idea. We also have a lower general sales tax rate of 7% in my area.
  • DEMONTHESE2211 - September 14, 2012 9:21 a.m.

As far as I understand it as long as the company does not have a physical building (office, store, ect.) in your state (US only) then you are not charged sales tax for online purchases. If this has changed or is incorrect feel free to correct me.
  • vent - September 13, 2012 8 p.m.

That Pro Controller does look pretty sexy. It's going to be REALLY weird to see Nintendo becoming a big part of the more 'hardcore' side of gaming.
  • filipe-alves - September 14, 2012 7:03 a.m.

it should look sexy, it's basically the 360 controller with the thumbsticks switched
  • J-Fid - September 13, 2012 7:52 p.m.

I would only need the Deluxe console, a Pro Controller (am I allowed two?), maybe an extra GamePad, and probably a Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus (I already have three Wiimotes, just none of them have Motion Plus which will probably be required to play certain games). Total: about $635.68 That might be a bit much, now if I could only get someone else to help pay for it. A holiday list? This IS the holiday list, nothing else is needed! Oh wait, I didn't even include any games... aw worry about that later.
  • CUFCfan616 - September 13, 2012 7:07 p.m.

I already have Wii controllers, so that's that done, and if party games will use those, I can't imagine I'll really need a second Wii U gamepad unless there's several high quality co-op games that demand another gamepad for a second player. Will the gamecube controllers that you plug into the wii remotes work with the Wii U though? I could never get my head round using the remote and nunchuk thing
  • Net_Bastard - September 13, 2012 7 p.m.

Who buys all of it in one go? Ever since I started buying consoles, I bought the console + the controller it comes with, then I just buy everything else one-by-one if I need it for a game I want.
  • tiben36 - September 13, 2012 6:39 p.m.

wait? it doesnt come with the screen pad thingy? thats darn retarded if it doesnt, and could be false publicity on nintendo's behalf imagine a video game oblivious mother buying the wii u for her son's birthday or something and does not not know the pad doesnt come with the game but clearly is represented on the box "mom, where's the screen pad?" what kind of marketing scheme is that? im not buying that thing anyways, its 7 years late
  • Jonamon23 - September 13, 2012 7 p.m.

It does come with one. It's just that you will probably want to get a second one in the future.
  • alexandre-bret - September 13, 2012 6:04 p.m.

This is why Ill wait down the road. Can't afford
  • fuzzybunny566 - September 13, 2012 6:03 p.m.

for me it's easy...$0
  • somerandomchap - September 13, 2012 5:58 p.m.

I voted for premium as thats all i really want, but thanks to Australia ill be spending between $600-700 for the premium console only.
  • Molrokenlov - September 13, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Go Team!
  • SpiritTemple - September 14, 2012 12:16 a.m.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/14/wii-u-costs-at-least-349-95-launches-november-30th-in-australia-new-zealand/ $429 is allot lower than what I expected, considering here in Aus we always get screwed with gaming prices.