• BaraChat - August 2, 2013 3:15 p.m.

While I agree with most of these, I'd say that some are definitely debatable.
  • macrm32 - August 2, 2013 3:07 p.m.

I'm so glad Europe gets the Japanese-style covers most of the time. Some of the American ones are fugly. That said, this article kinda pushes it in some cases.
  • robin-smith - August 2, 2013 3:03 p.m.

as a European user i say, ha! We get the best of both over here. In the case of metal gear solid 4, we got both covers, One card cover slipped over the other cover.
  • Slider64 - August 2, 2013 2:41 p.m.

I found myself disagreeing about half of the time if not more. The most disapointed I have felt about a gamesradar article. I'm not mad, its just a silly list but man you guys are nuts with some of these.
  • shawksta - August 2, 2013 2:36 p.m.

Its pretty normal that North American Boxes of Kirby games almost ALWAYS switch his happy face with a "LOOK IM SERIOUS" face XD Some of these were damn You think New Blood looks like a hospital anime, Trauma Team just pushes it. Damn it we need another Trauma Team but Persona 5 is more priority and its still not here.
  • artcellrox - August 2, 2013 8:09 p.m.

Google "American Kirby is Hardcore". First link. Yes, it's a thing.
  • shawksta - August 3, 2013 10:22 p.m.

Yeah so its pretty normal for it to happen
  • agentkuo - August 2, 2013 2:34 p.m.

Only like a handful of them are actually better. Most of them are just different.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - August 2, 2013 2:27 p.m.

Charlie Barratt?!
  • THETHINGABOUT - August 2, 2013 3:32 p.m.

Holy SHIT! MIKEL DROPS BY AND NOW BARRATT? You all miss us, don't you? =>
  • THETHINGABOUT - August 2, 2013 3:33 p.m.

I rapidly and sadly realised it's an updated old article.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - August 2, 2013 3:34 p.m.

Cannot contain happiness
  • garnsr - August 2, 2013 1:47 p.m.

You're wrong about the Ratchet box, he's usually pretty serious. And you seem to apply criticisms to NA games, like being cluttered, then later entries have more cluttered Japanese versions and you go with them. Most of the covers here aren't too bad either way, you just seem to be jumping on the America sucks bandwagon on some of these. Interesting to see, though.
  • GenderBender_9000 - August 2, 2013 1:36 p.m.

The Japanese Final Fantasy box at is always way better than the American's. But the Heavy Rain box art is really odd.
  • mockturtle - August 2, 2013 1:35 p.m.

OBJECTION! Silent Hill Homecoming was never released in Japan; its release there was cancelled! Still, even the technically non-existent Japanese art for that game is better than the US cover. I also find it ironic that the image you use to start the article is of the Japanese Twilight Princess cover, which is not only inferior to the US cover, but the only Japanese Zelda cover that is inferior to its US counterpart. The only one here I disagree with is Final Fantasy XIII-2; reminds me too much of the crappy Final Fantasy III (DS) cover we got compared to Japan, which was awesome.
  • Talvari - August 2, 2013 1:05 p.m.

I like that EU boxarts are sometimes like the JP versions. My FFXIII-2 copy is like the JP version, same goes for FFXII is also similar to the JP version..except the background is completely white >.>
  • 2cute2Bcruel - May 2, 2011 9:40 a.m.

I think that the Silent Hill 4 cover in Japan is a lot scarier than the US one.
  • PeptoTurismo - April 28, 2011 5:29 p.m.

The Japanese 'Colossus' box art is AMAZING! I'm jealous. So jealous, in fact, that I felt the need to comment on this two-and-a-half-year-old article. Whoo! It's also quite interesting that American box art is angrier. We are an angry people. And occasionally jealous.
  • AGENTJORRRG - April 27, 2011 11:43 p.m.

Smugglers Run is called Crazy Bumps in Japan?? CRAZY BUMPS!!? PAHAHAHAHA!
  • MFenix - April 27, 2011 10:49 p.m.

My god that Japanese Ratchet freaks me out and would make my eyes bleed if I looked at it for more than 3 seconds. Poor Kirby being so angry at us for making him look angry on our covers. And I love the Japanese Soul Calibur covers.