• ObliqueZombie - November 22, 2012 4:06 p.m.

Great read, Mr. Houghton. You're as great a writer as always. Glad to have you aboard, too. You remind me of why I love Halo so much, but also to do away with my fanboyism of any kind, positive or negative.
  • ParagonT - November 22, 2012 4:47 p.m.

Everyone is missing out here unless they have at least read The Fall of Reach book. Please, I implore you all, if your a fan of Halo, bless your eyes with the mystical text of Eric Nylund.
  • AlphaSixInsight - November 23, 2012 2:22 p.m.

What do you think of Karen Travis' work on the Halo books? I think that she's sloppy, and uncaring. She is no Eric Nylund. Her books have been a catastrophé to Halo cannon, a cancer.
  • ParagonT - November 25, 2012 4:49 p.m.

She seriously needs to think of the bigger picture when moral issue's arise. It seems that she has totally turned Mendez into a hypocrite, Halsey into a scapegoat of hate, and more. She is the reason that I'm starting to lose interest in the Halo universe, but its as if she's the cheapest writer they could possibly pick off the street. I'm with you, she is a cancer, they need to ditch her on the side of a road. What do you think?
  • AlphaSixInsight - November 25, 2012 6:09 p.m.

I'm with you 100%. Send me a communique on FanFictiondotNet. I'm author/writer: EmeraldReporter. Help me write something, yea?
  • ParagonT - November 25, 2012 6:56 p.m.

What do you have in mind?
  • rodger-walker - November 23, 2012 2:49 p.m.

got it earlier this month. quite enjoying it.
  • ParagonT - November 25, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Great to see another has been added to the fold!
  • RebornKusabi - November 22, 2012 8:18 p.m.

After hating every Halo after the second one (I didn't even really like Halo 1...) and moderately liking Reach (8/10), my opinions on Halo 4 are 100% the exact same as the lovely writer here.
  • Evanesco - November 22, 2012 8:50 p.m.

I wish this would happen to some of my friends who aren't in to Assassin's Creed or GTA games and only play CoD. But that probably won't happen.
  • Vincent Wolf - November 22, 2012 10:22 p.m.

I had same kind of thing with James Bond, until I tried "Everything or Nothing", a fantastic videogame back from 2004. Unfortunately my passion with Bond didn't live long, since they recast the best actor who put tuxedo on -- Pierce Brosnan, with this ugly pathetic miserable f**k craig. As for Halo, I fell in love with it from the first time I started to play Halo:CE on PC years back. It actually was like in 2006 or 2007 and I still was hooked up for the game. Universe, covenant, weapons, great AI, well, many things overall. I hate multiplayer though so never even touching it.
  • boondocks50 - November 23, 2012 2:32 a.m.

Ill probably get hated on for this but I think Halo 4 is my favorite of the series thus far. I really like the focus on the characters rather than the setting and "bad guy". Games that do that have always drawn me in a lil bit more than others. Games that try to convey a story and concept that has you thinking about it after its done. I litterally researched Halo lore for an hour or two after i beat 4; it drew me in that much.
  • Rhymenocerous - November 23, 2012 2:50 a.m.

Never played Halo myself, so I won't judge. And come on, enough of this "naming no names" stuff. Just say it; Call.Of.Duty.
  • yonderTheGreat - November 23, 2012 4:21 a.m.

So... you now like Halo cuz the genre has gotten worse. Sounds about right.
  • zombi3grim - November 23, 2012 8:54 p.m.

Zooooooooom! The article goes RIGHT over your head!
  • JokerJ0613 - November 24, 2012 8:04 a.m.

*Hgh Fives zombi3grim*
  • Hig1134 - November 23, 2012 6:10 a.m.

This was a great article. I actually don't own a 360, but my fiancee has the Halo 4 LE console picked up for me for Xmas. I can't wait for it! I know I've seriously missed out on the Halo series, being primarily a Playstation gamer. I feel blessed that I get to catch up on this legendary series, starting with Halo Aniversary! Sweet!!
  • gilgamesh310 - November 23, 2012 7:22 a.m.

My feelings to Halo 4 were not too dissimilar to this.
  • Fox_Mulder - November 23, 2012 2:12 p.m.

I'm glad you've "rediscovered" Halo David!