• InvalidUsername - June 2, 2010 1:22 a.m.

GTA should stay in America. Cause America is bad Ass! Nuff Said
  • Ddz53 - June 2, 2010 1:13 a.m.

London!? The future!? Are you serious!?... I'm still hoping for a next gen San Andreas, take five minutes to think about how awesome it would be... I'm serious, think about it...
  • Javv - June 2, 2010 12:58 a.m.

i dont care when i just dont want to see vice city, liberty city o san andreas again. GTAIV already got its 2 "spin-offs". i want to see a GTAV that its worthy not the same thing with a new number
  • Metroidhunter32 - June 2, 2010 12:30 a.m.

Hell I want GTA japan. getting the conflict between the Yakuza and smaller gangs down would be great. Start punk, get big enough and you joing the Yakuza. After that, screw up to much and you have to start chopping off your fingers and have that affect your aim. And they could do so much with martial arts.
  • TheCanuck - June 2, 2010 12:29 a.m.

GTA Winnipeg! Go to the North end and stab people for a side mission, cross the whole city in 5 min!
  • ImAliveOMG - June 2, 2010 12:24 a.m.

I hate being rude (L0L!) but London isn't a very big city. The UK alone only has 1.7ish million people if I'm not mistaken. That being said, It wouldn't be the worst idea you've ever had; No. That award, my freinds, goes to the half thought up idea of setting GTA in the future. I'll admit it seems like a good idea at first but I can't see it being much different from Red Faction. Okay, you'd have a more enriched enviroment, a few hookers and a police force PROTECTING the main population but still. Back on the topic of setting it in London. London would okay I guess but a bunch of guys in tuxedos and crowns droping F-bombs at a tea party (Excuse my poor interpritation of the UK) just doesn't appeal to me very much. Also for the record, Canada has two citys that could easily be GTA settings: Vancouver and Toronto. Hey, for all I care, for landing a whale and blowing it to hell in Vancouver or take an F-13 on a bombing run in Toronto. Or GTA 5 could be set in Washington so you could assassinate a president or something...
  • brickman409 - June 1, 2010 11:27 p.m.

GTA on mars!
  • michaelmcc827 - June 1, 2010 10:49 p.m.

What are you talking about? All I was saying is that he just wants it in London so it has a "British flavor", and any reasonably person can see that it won't add any worthwhile gameplay elements, since it's as standard as cities get in comparison to NYC. Los Angeles, Miami, NYC and even Tokyo are all very distinct, and London just really wouldn't stand out in that sense. Would be boring as hell.
  • BrewerHorse - June 1, 2010 10:25 p.m.

Tea and crumpets? Let me guess, your knowledge of London comes solely from Mary Poppins. Anyway its just another example of British having a joke at ourselves. I really don't understand why people seem to think we're soft, just because we realise allowing anyone and everyone to have a deadly weapon is ridiculous. Besides, our military record speaks for itself.
  • Mexiflan - June 1, 2010 10:18 p.m.

I laughed so hard with that last picture. I would say mexico,but we're in RDR so i can't complain.
  • michaelmcc827 - June 1, 2010 9:45 p.m.

Yeah Yeah, cry more. You might not want another game set in San Andreas, but a hell of a lot of other people want it. If you really think GTA: London would be "revolutionary" because it would have tea and crumpets, you're being fooled; it really wouldn't be a different experience than playing in NYC. A game set in Tokyo would be ideal...or maybe even Italy. The rest of Europe though? How dreary...
  • D0CCON - June 1, 2010 9:23 p.m.

GTA Australia. Have a mission where you try to smuggle illegal copies of Grand Theft Auto into Australia. Imagine mocking Australia as it bans your game. It would be incredible. And the original Australians did come from criminal outcasts. They might be able to find a way to work that into the story.
  • ChuckB - June 1, 2010 9:05 p.m.

Unless they're going to overhaul the engine and game play, why are you calling it "V"? I mean, Liberty City is the Gotham City of the numbered GTA series. GTA: London 2525? Kill two birds with one stone? ;P
  • deputy326 - June 1, 2010 9:04 p.m.

GTA in the future......UMMMM NO! That would be so dumb and unpractical. R* needs to stick with it's roots and do what it does best...Making great games, The future setting would kill R*. Would be good to see the game set in Washington DC, working for corrupt cops, politician's and the wanna be superstars of the government.
  • BrewerHorse - June 1, 2010 8:44 p.m.

I agree it probably would be better if they take a break from America. I've got nothing against the place its just its been done to death, not only for the GTA series but for most games. I would have to say that even Tokyo has had its fair share too. I'm not advocating London (I'm English so my support for it is void) but it would be a great setting. No it doesn't have many skyscrapers (like that should matter) but it has history, is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the World (with extremely low racism) and would be extremely funny, nobody takes the piss out of the British more than the British themselves. Besides it would be more interesting than just another grid of buildings (sniping from the London Eye would be great). But being English I can't recommend it so I'd say somewhere NEW, anywhere NEW like suggestions of Australia or continental Europe, just not America or Tokyo. And I really can't believe people are seriously suggesting going back to Vice City or San Andreas.....what? Is that the best suggestions you can think of? If you like the setting that much go play Vice City or San Andreas for Christs sake.
  • sly123321 - June 1, 2010 8:43 p.m.

GTA: Dubai Now that would be amazing, because Dubai has everything you could possibility do.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - June 1, 2010 8:43 p.m.

Of course you want it set in london your probably from there but i think i want to see a redesigned version of miami or california so maybe VC2 or SA2 idk if you want to call it GTA:5 because they dont always make the main GTA's numbered. but a new city set in the future sounds pretty cool. IMO GTA3,VC,and SA were the best in the series i never played london but i think if the new game is set in another big city it will be similar to GTA4's liberty city which is kind of bland not like vice city or san andreas though. rockstar has used Liberty city in gta3,4,LCS, and chinatown wars. i know Liberty city in GTA4 felt fresh and i loved it but i prefer the controls and feel of the ps2 iterations. Rokstar used Vice City in 2 games so i'd like to see Vice City made with the new engine. i wish rockstar would make san andreas stories like they did with the other 2 US cities. san andreas back in the 70's and you play as The Truth in his 20's and throw in some weed smoking andf selling mini games.Hey, a man can dream.
  • MisterAdequate - June 1, 2010 8:11 p.m.

GTA London was shit, Getaway was shit, a new GTA in London would be shit. If it has to be in the UK, put it in Belfast. Everyone can be Irish and you can have all sorts of Troubles-related hijinx. In the future, however, oh shit yes, I've been saying that for years now. I have absolutely no idea why it hasn't happened yet.
  • Doogan - June 1, 2010 7:59 p.m.

Rockstar won't make a GTA set anywhere in Britain as Americans would always drive on the wrong side of the road and wouldn't know what to do when they came across a roundabout!
  • bayssa - June 1, 2010 7:53 p.m.

I think that GTA in the future would suck, but GTAIV was really great