• civver - July 7, 2009 10:14 p.m.

Still not impressed. Personally, an immersive experience isn't the be all and end all of gaming for me. I thought motion control would be fantastic, but I don't even use my Wii nowadays. I don't even care about HD, I'm fine playing games on a standard definition set. I guess I'm not just that impressed by shiny stuff.
  • Mushroomer - July 7, 2009 9:56 p.m.

I disagree with something like StarCraft not using 3D well. Zoomed-out presentation with your units lifted off the screen? It would be a huge step in immersion. At the same time, how will this fit in with our other gaming future - motion control? 3D usually works best from one stationary viewpoint - moving around may eff up the picture. Full head-tracking is an option, but it doesn't work for more than 1 person. I say that Playstation will be the first to really try this. They really show themselves as THE HD console, with the best processing power - so I think they'll jump on this new generation of visuals first as an upgrade to the PS3.
  • fionnoh - July 7, 2009 8:49 p.m.

christ, gaming is already bad enough on your eyes. we don't need 3-D to make it worse, imagine trying really hard to focus on something in the back round that the game insists on keeping blurry. ugh...
  • Luiman04 - July 7, 2009 8:24 p.m.

i agree with KillDrone but i dont think nintendo will be the first to do it
  • crumbdunky - July 7, 2009 8:14 p.m.

My mate was at GDC and TGS and played GT:P in 3D, or watched it demoed I can't recall which, and said that I wouldn't believe how good it was-and he's like a super cynic! Sony then told him they were using old tech that will NEVER go to market so lord only knows what the tech they will bring to us is like! While I'm not dying to play in 3D I'm def more interested than I thought I would be-just as long as the software works as well for HD as 3D so they aren't almost forcing new TV's on gamers.
  • GoldenMe - July 7, 2009 8:13 p.m.

Ehh, boring article. I think I'll pass this.
  • Mackster-901 - July 7, 2009 8:06 p.m.

3d on the most powerful console (ps3) will look quality
  • Rodrigo90 - July 7, 2009 7:37 p.m.

"will force you to sit back and out-“Woah” Keanu Reeves" You SOB you really made me laugh there xD that was great (Y)
  • jammyhippo - July 7, 2009 5:53 p.m.

im not going to pay for another t.v just to play in 3D, not you know theres a credit crunch on? thats said Brink in 3D could be pretty sexy. reCAPTCHA Chiming Khan