• Subgenre - January 31, 2014 12:44 p.m.

Companies have made alternate colored consoles and special edition consoles forever now. What's your point?
  • FoxdenRacing - January 31, 2014 3:34 p.m.

The thing that makes it noteworthy is that the system has been on the market barely 2 months, and already they're talking changing it up.
  • twhiting9275 - January 31, 2014 7:19 p.m.

That's not news by any means, and it's a GOOD thing. This shows that they are listening and fixing the issues that have come up with rev1
  • Eightboll812 - February 1, 2014 9:44 a.m.

Really? What issues that have come up with rev1 are being fixed by a new skin and new packaging? Assuming they are fixing something more than the faulty skin, as you imply, what about those 3 million people that will have to just live with "the issues that came up with rev1" Screw them, right. No fixes for a console with "issues". Were you one of the ones who thought the RROD was just fine and dandy because it gave MS a chance to respond and fix issues with rev1? What happened to being a little upset that a couple months after launch of a product that's supposed to last me 5-10 years, they find "issues" they need to fix? Seems to me, the company that doesn't have any issues to fix should rank a little higher than the one who launched with issues that need to be fixed.
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 31, 2014 3:41 p.m.

This website is withering on the vine, so they're trying draw the xbots and the ponies into a protracted war here, 'cause they need the hits.
  • angelusdlion - February 1, 2014 6:30 a.m.

And the cynical hipsters, don't forget them...
  • daniel-linger - February 1, 2014 1:30 p.m.

The point was clearly one you missed - check the opening couple of sentences in the 2nd paragraph. Yes, we do get coloured consoles, but this is WAY early and as stated, often a sign of wishing to boost sales.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:02 a.m.

Or you know, they could just be cashing in on an extremely anticipated title.
  • qualopec_1 - January 31, 2014 12:22 a.m.

I think the article is reading too much into nothing, seeing things that are not actually there.
  • jrob23 - January 30, 2014 10:09 p.m.

I think it's fairly obvious that the environment has changed quite a bit since the launch of last gen consoles. The consumer is more value conscious and their money has to stretch further. Most if not all have one, two, or all three last gen consoles and massive backlog of games to get through. They see these new consoles with barely a leap forward in anything but graphics, and I mean barely at that as well, and think why do I need to buy this now. I will wait till it's cheaper and have more games. The same thing happened to the Wii U. Diehard fans got the consoles at launch, and the rest have stayed away or just recently got one due to lack of games and price drops. The exact same thing is happening now. People will point to great launch numbers but I am convinced that if not for those resellers buying many copies hoping to flip em, the numbers would not be that good. I go retail stores i.e. BB, Target I see Xbox Ones but in the last two months only once (BB) have I found a PS4. Just tonight by the BB checkout they had 12 Xbones in a cage. Really, there is almost zero reason to own one right now. At least with Wii U you had the whole going to HD thing and the gamepad, and with PS4 the revamped controller and powerful graphics, not to mention cheaper by $100. I really think Microsoft is feeling very desperate right now. It's good imho though, Nintendo needed to feel desperate back last Spring and maybe if they had, they'd be doing better now. I don't fault Microsoft for doing these types of things, they really do need to or they might be screwed this gen
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 30, 2014 7:45 p.m.

Wow. look what it got him; 19 hits--not all article related--and tons of ill will. Well, when the Ponies show up to troll, they can form a circle and enjoy themselves.
  • angelusdlion - February 1, 2014 6:31 a.m.

You really need to take your medicaitons, you know that?
  • Eightboll812 - January 30, 2014 6:52 p.m.

Yeah, it's desperation. Considering that last gen, MS destroyed Sony in the US and only lost in APAC and EU creating a virtual stalemate of last global gen sales.... Starting out this gen, they knew they weren't going to win in APAC, but could make inroads into EU while holding onto NA as their beach head. But what has happened is the opposite. They have been destroyed in any country other than the US, and in the US they are still behind by a little bit while having every store flush with piles of Xbones just waiting to be bought. And the PS4 still is sold out everywhere, and still beating Xbone in the US. They see the writing on the wall. They played their cards and have already lost major ground, and their homefront is the battleground of this gen...already. It's a major disaster for MS. They can still recover, but lets not pretend that they aren't panicking over the start of this gen. There's no rational person that can say it's not disappointing at the minimum. All I see anywhere is damage control and spin. Sony says they sold 1 million at launch, MS says how many zombies have been killed. Sony says they sold 4 million, MS says they "shipped" 3.9 million. It's just pathetic. Yeah they're desperate. They've been screwing themselves since last June. My advice to MS, put down the shovel, stop digging. Give people what they want...no mandatory motion control crap, better res, lower price, and a promise that last year's money grab DRM was just a "horrible idea" that will NEVER be repeated. Stop trying to tell people the cloud makes your Xbone into 4 Xbones and other ridiculous lies. That's the beginning of the path back. Remove the Kinect, drop the price, and I consider buying one again. The continued doubling down on bad decisions is making it less and less likely I'll ever buy another MS console ever.
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 31, 2014 3:35 p.m.

They're better off without you. Just sayin'.
  • Eightboll812 - January 31, 2014 8:59 p.m.

Ditto ;-)
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 6:23 p.m.

Holy baiting, Batman!... I thought I was on the CNN website for a second. Really though, I get that it sparks conversation.. But still, you see the word "crisis" in an article and read on only to find that there is nothing crisis related, well, it's kinda misleading. I have nothing better to do at 9:30 pm so I might as well complain about something...
  • Shigeruken - January 30, 2014 5:53 p.m.

Worst accidental joke ever. I need that edit button D:
  • Shigeruken - January 30, 2014 5:53 p.m.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want the white 360.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - January 30, 2014 5:26 p.m.

I doubt this means a crisis. Microsoft knows a lot of people have held off from buying Xbones until better games come out, they know that Titanfall is highly anticipated, and so they're probably just doing this to entice more people to purchase one. You get the game you've been waiting for with a console design based off of it. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 30, 2014 4:08 p.m.

Is posting inflammatory articles to draw attention to a website on the wane a desperate ploy for hits?
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 6:23 p.m.

Your mothers a desperate ploy for hits... yea, i went there
  • HAMMERCLAW - January 30, 2014 7:42 p.m.

No, but you're mother's desperate, she told me so last night. At least I know who MY father is.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 30, 2014 8:21 p.m.

MY MOTHERS A SAINT!! We both know who yo' Daddy is.... It's me, in case you didn't guess... I'm yo' daddy. Now tell daddy how good he is to you, mmmhm ;)