We Recommend

• GR_JustinTowell - April 7, 2009 10:32 a.m.

@Tidy-Trooper - don't worry, he's there, it's just that he's the same as the Sonic 3 sprite so we didn't see any reason to include him twice :)
  • VideoGameKing - April 11, 2009 7:18 p.m.

the best sonic is the new gen sonic,even the sonic unleashed,also,sonic will always be better then shadow
  • wiigamer024 - May 2, 2009 2:52 p.m.

2D Best: Sonic 3 & Sonic CD 3D Best: Sonic 2006 ok, WTF is the 4th to last one!?!? (right before STH 2006)
  • powergamer - May 20, 2009 9:42 p.m.

Sonic battle 2 until I die.
  • Juriasu - April 1, 2009 12:53 p.m.

Well, I can't say the werehog is the best one...
  • symphonicdeathpop - April 1, 2009 12:56 p.m.

My fave is probably the Sonic Shuffle one... I miss that game.
  • TheWoolyMammoth - April 1, 2009 1:03 p.m.

Crappy 3D Sonic games be damned, I still love the lil blue guy. Pretty much defined my spare time as a child =) Although I think I'm possibly one of the only few who actually has nostalgia for Sonic 3D, lol.
  • GR_JustinTowell - April 1, 2009 1:12 p.m.

@symphonicdeathpop: Wow, someone who likes Sonic Shuffle! Nice cel-shading, you're right :)
  • GR_JustinTowell - April 1, 2009 2:13 p.m.

@deathrebellion: It was a conscious decision not to include Super Sonic because that's a powered-up state - these are all the standard ones you start as and spend the majority of your time playing as. And to be honest, I never really enjoyed Super Sonic anyway, for me it just unbalanced the game in Sonic 2. And @ClusterShart - I've got that one too! Though I can't play it now as it won't run on iPod Touch. So much for upgrading, eh? Though he didn't look redrawn to me... are you sure it isn't just the lower screen resolution making him look different? I have no means of checking now!
  • Z-man427 - April 1, 2009 4:50 p.m.

i will say that graphically, the were-hog looks pretty good. but it doesn't work as Sonic, so it sucks
  • Oletheking92 - April 1, 2009 6:09 p.m.

I thinks time for him to die now.. Yes right now.
  • mrmak - April 1, 2009 6:34 p.m.

So many sonics. I am now inspired to plug in my sega to start up some Sonic 2
  • cheeky907 - April 1, 2009 7:08 p.m.

woh thats alot of sonic games personally i dont like sonic actually the only sonic game i like is super smash bros brawl
  • chrisat928 - April 1, 2009 8:01 p.m.

Was I the only one expecting a picture of the Sonic Drive-Thru menu on page 3?
  • Cyberninja - April 1, 2009 9:15 p.m.

@chirisa928 lol
  • tdog2747 - April 1, 2009 11:04 p.m.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles together was my favorite. I have the fortune of having all the sonic games on a genesis that still works. Best way to play it!
  • MagicArmadillo - April 1, 2009 11:28 p.m.

very nice, @Evey, totally agree
  • RedOutlive10 - April 1, 2009 11:53 p.m.

The best Sonic for me was the sprite from Sonic 3, this plus the intro movie in the first stage with him in super form flying over the water, best Sonic scene ever.
  • super2j - April 2, 2009 12:37 a.m.

i disagree with the last comment " The Spin Dash remains the only addition (that) enhanced the experience" In sonic adventure ds (or wat ever the title was) sonic had a boost that u build up by doing tricks in air and u can only boost as u have it, it also had the same effect as the spin dash. It may not "look" better to most(including me) but that boost made the game so much more fun and i consider that boosting to be spin dash 2.0
  • blackknight - April 2, 2009 12:44 a.m.

i would choose sonic unleashed because they made every detail kinda real and i think its a great game.