Topics

Features Quiz

• Sliet - September 6, 2013 8:36 a.m.

So I'm an Arty curmudgeonly RPG trophy action japanophile nostalgist whore? ...sounds just about right actually.
  • Child Of Death - September 6, 2013 8:32 a.m.

Im a gun nut. Love me some FPS
  • mafyooz - September 6, 2013 8:31 a.m.

A bit of them all but especially RPG and Curmudgeonly Nostalgist, and unless a DOSBox is what you store your C64 cassette tapes in I don't want to know sonny ;) Also, I'm not sure what a Wazzo Cannon is but I'm pretty sure I want one!
  • rainn'sgaydar - September 6, 2013 8:29 a.m.

I'm part action and part RPG. I'm definitely also a blossoming trophy whore, but I'm not at the described level just yet. Probably carry a tinge of Japanophile as well. What about you, GR editors? This was a decent read, but might have been more fun if you'd assigned points for each yes and no and then assigned designations for each score. I realize that's a little (a lot) cheesy, but it's also fun.
  • GR_AndyHartup - September 6, 2013 8:55 a.m.

I'm mostly RPG / Action, but I because I love the NBA 2K series and I use my Xbox for LoveFilm, I guess there's a tiny portion of Mainstream Gamer in there.
  • oreopizza47 - September 6, 2013 8:22 a.m.

I ended up being Artsy RPG Trophy Whore. But, I have a small complaint with trophy whoring being synonymous with not having fun. I love collecting trophies and finding all the little nooks and crannies and secrets in a game, but if I'm not enjoying the game, I could care less if it sits in my collection half-beaten with only 4 or 5 trophies collected. Trophy whoring is not the same as not having fun, and can even enhance fun if it makes you try a new way of playing that you normally wouldn't.
  • Baz - September 6, 2013 8:58 a.m.

achievement whoring is a slippery slope though buddy, one day you're obsessing over a grenade jump to reach a certain collectible. The next you're playing Halo 3 at 4 in the morning on legendary with an angry german man who doesn't understand you and he wants you to go left and you say "right then" and he's shouting at you about going left.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - September 6, 2013 9:06 a.m.

That's too specific an anecdote to throw out off-the-cuff. There's a long and horrible story behind that one, isn't there?
  • Baz - September 7, 2013 2:50 a.m.

Yeah there is, we had a sort of abusive gaming partnership going on, like a buddy cop movie gone wrong. i neglected my real friends for that guy and i am ashamed of myself for that particular lapse in judgement.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 6, 2013 8:19 a.m.

All of them! :D But mostly Japanophile and RPG gamer. Pretty heavy on action, too.