Topics

Features Quiz

• Shnubby - September 6, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Oh and none of these results really suited me. I play mainstream games as well as games no one has ever heard of. I'm loud and competitive, I hate to lose and get frustrated easily. I buy modern games but also fill many shelves of my home with PS1, N64 and many other old games. So I'm a retro/modern/mainstream/indie-rpg/rage gamer I suppose?
  • larkan - September 6, 2013 2:28 p.m.

I'm the same way as you, we should just call ourselves Nephilim, that's what everyone else is calling elite people nowadays
  • Shnubby - September 7, 2013 8:24 a.m.

Nephilim? Why is anyone calling anyone that? I swear that makes no sense! Haha
  • Shnubby - September 6, 2013 12:55 p.m.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Avatar: The Legend of Aang, here in the UK) wasn't released on PS3 or Xbox 360 so therefore wouldn't be on a "profile" for anyone to look at. Only Avatar: The Burning Earth was released for Xbox 360. Just sayin'. Yes I am was of the very small percentage of people that actually enjoyed those games.
  • Verenitz - September 6, 2013 12:13 p.m.

Action-y, RPG gamer with a slight bit of Achievement/Trophy Whoring. I haven't been that big on achievements, but I'm getting there...eventually...
  • Frieza - September 6, 2013 12:13 p.m.

I'm... I'm like, none of these... I've said "no" to a lot of these statements. I mean, I've said "yes" to a lot of them too, but those "yeses" were scattered throughout the survey, so much that I can't identify myself with any kind of gamer. So, am I every kind of gamer? Or no gamer at all!? But I can't be "not a gamer" since I play a lot of video games. Always have. I've played platformers, RPGs, shooters, puzzles, simulations... I get attached to my game's protagonists, but I suck at math and dont own and OST CDs. I enjoy anime games but I don't collect anime dolls or anything, and I don't play too much of them. I like to get the most out of my games and suck every bit of content out of them, but I don't give two shits about achievements and don't try to collect all of them. I don't play sports games or use my consoles for anything other than video games. I enjoy classic 8-bit games as much as I do current-gen games, and I''m much too young to be considered a Nostalgist. Who...Who am I? WHAT am I!? What is life!? What is my meaning!?!?! What am I Gamesradar!? WHAT AM I!?!?!?!
  • Cyberninja - September 6, 2013 11:36 a.m.

Look at my profile picture, I recognized almost everything on henry's desk and I legitimately believe Japan still makes the best games, that should give you an idea what I am.
  • jonathan-campbell - September 6, 2013 11:16 a.m.

no love for Strategy gamers?
  • C.King - September 6, 2013 11:04 a.m.

strange competitive or party gamers not categories
  • rainn'sgaydar - September 6, 2013 10:58 a.m.

One thing this does is let GR knows what their core reader base consists of. Or at least the participating community. Sneaky move, guys. Sneaky sneaky
  • SpadesSlick - September 6, 2013 10:55 a.m.

I would like to say i'm an action fan.... but who the fuck am I kidding. My 65K achievement score makes it clear which one I fall on. Number one way to detect an achievement hunter by the way is a person who won't play a game with a multiplayer achievements.
  • MeanwhileGuy - September 6, 2013 10:34 a.m.

I'm a Japanophile action rpg gamer, with touches of nostalgist and trophy whore. Though my worst trophy moment was getting the last co-op trophy for Portal 2. None of my friends were online so I ended up being paired with some random 16 year old who had literally never played the game before. I ended up rage quitting because he couldn't work out how to get out of the first puzzle. Not even the proper one: the training room. To be fair, neither of us had mics, so I coulsnt tell him what to do, but who can't work out how to use a dam portal gun?
  • shawksta - September 6, 2013 10:32 a.m.

A bit of everything except mainstream gamer. Interesting list but some of them were either too stupid or too far. Also, WHERE THE FIGHTING GAMES AT
  • BladedFalcon - September 6, 2013 10:05 a.m.

If you seriously have no idea who Shigeru Miyamoto is, you don't deserve to be called a gamer, not even a mainstream one. Anyway, I don't seem to fit into any category as a whole, none of them apply to me completely, but at the same time I check boxes in almost all of the categories EXCEPT for the mainstream category so... I guess that makes me a weird, monstrous chimera of a curmudgeonly nostalgic action/RPG Trophy whore, with a sprinkle of Indie and Japanophile thrown in, since those two only one or two aspects really applied to me.
  • antiAntag0nist - September 6, 2013 9:54 a.m.

Gonna cheat and say I'm a little bit of all the categories, especially Action/RPG. That first slide of the RPG category with Lightning definitely grabbed me as I find her quite purdy to look at (and I did like her character in what I played of FF XIII).
  • Swedish_Chef - September 6, 2013 9:28 a.m.

That awkward moment when you fill up pretty much every category. I consider myself a completionist much more than an achievement hunter though and I'm definitely not mainstream *puts on gaming hipster glasses*...
  • Clovin64 - September 6, 2013 9:27 a.m.

I'm an RPG/Action gamer, which comes as no real surprise really. Though the rest of the internet likes to label me as a "casual n00b CoD-playing mainstream baby gamer." Actually thats a label most people get stuck with when a dissagreement breaks out on comment boards. (*cough* IGN *cough*)
  • Sy87 - September 6, 2013 9:18 a.m.

Well I guess I am a crazy anarchist gamer. I think you missed a dark personality gamer which I hate to say I am a part of.
  • slimjim441 - September 6, 2013 9:14 a.m.

That puts me at an RPG-Action gamer with a side of Japanophile and a touch of everything else but Mainstream.
  • occasionalgoldfish - September 6, 2013 9:11 a.m.

I seem to be an Action-RPG-Japanophile. Eh, seems about right to be honest.
  • Acerlux - September 6, 2013 9:07 a.m.

An even split between action gamer and RPG gamer. Works for me.
  • StrayGator - September 6, 2013 9:05 a.m.

Artsy action gamer, with hints of the nostalgist and completionist. Psychonauts.