Topics

Week of Love

• Redeater - April 18, 2012 7:52 p.m.

You just won my heart Twisted Pixel. As for American Mcgee? The fun went out of your games after the first Alice.
  • Redeater - April 18, 2012 7:55 p.m.

Fav games? Mario 3, FF IV,Doom 2, Quake 1, Bioshock 1&2, Bulletstorm,Brutal Legend, Red Dead Redemption.....ugh too many to count. We have been completely spoiled as of this console generation.
  • shawksta - April 18, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Nice to hear other game developers give respects to their favorite games, its something we need to hear more often I have allot of games that are my all time favs. DK64 is one of them as its one of the better Open World 3D Platformers before they "Evolved" into linear action platformers. Also, because this month marks the 5th Anniversary, i wanna mention that i REALLY Love Super Paper Mario, its one of my all time favorite underrated games that wasnt given enough praise. The always heard complaint is how its not Turn-based, but not only was the gameplay unique but the main reason i love it so much is how freakin Mature and Dark that game is. Paper Mario took Bowser stealing Peach seriously, Thousand year door went deeper and brought grodus and his dark intentions along with other chapter's touching moments, but Super Paper Mario takes the take for being the most Mature,most touching, and most outright insane. I love it so damn much and its a shame its story doesnt get enough praise
  • BackwaterRifle - April 18, 2012 8:33 p.m.

Thousand Year-door would have to be my favorite out of the paper mario series.
  • shawksta - April 18, 2012 9:08 p.m.

Ah but you see, i never said it was my favorite compared to the rest. The first game is a classic you cant forget, Thousand year door improved the living f*ck out of the system and did one hell of an excellent job, and what i said regarding Super Paper Mario, you cant compare them because the gameplay style is different, otherwise Thousand year door was excellent by FAR in turn-based.
  • slimjim441 - April 18, 2012 7:31 p.m.

Half-Life. Mega Man (all of them).
  • J-Fid - April 18, 2012 7:23 p.m.

One of my favorite franchises is definitely Super Smash Bros. As a kid, it introduced me to all that is Nintendo, and what makes Nintendo so great. When I would see the Smash characters in their true games, I would think, "Hey, that person's in Smash Bros.," and be drawn to try the other games. From there, I learned about Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, and Kirby. Without Smash Bros., I don't think I'd be such a huge Kirby fan, much less a Blue Kirby fan.
  • J-Fid - April 18, 2012 9:02 p.m.

Of course before Super Smash Bros. came Pokémon. I own every main series game, and still play most of them (was playing Soul Silver earlier today). That is my favorite franchise, and if I had to choose a specific one, I choose Platinum!
  • Anderjak - April 18, 2012 7:07 p.m.

I'd have to pick Chrono Trigger as my most loved game. There are a number of reasons why I've gone through it a good twenty to thirty times since first playing it back when it was first released, from the stellar, memorable score to the exquisite art design; from the loveable characters to the meaningful dialog that knew when to tug just the right emotional strings; from the sweeping, grand plot that is neither too simple nor egregiously overcomplicated to a pacing which to this day still makes me wonder where all the hours have gone. Really, the bottom line is, it was, and still is, a great example of balancing character, story, visual design, and well-paced, reasonably challenging gameplay. While it's hardly cerebral or incredibly thought-provoking, it's a wonderfully aged bit of comfort gaming that is still difficult to top to this day.
  • hanktherapper - April 18, 2012 7:06 p.m.

Some of my most favorite games are ones I hated at first. It took me three attempts to "get" Metroid Prime, but once I got it, I fell in love with it. I've played it four times through. Grand Theft Auto III, Halo, and Civilization Revolution were also games I hated at first but fell in love with after multiple attempts. My all time favorite game is Diablo II even though I didn't like the first Diablo.