• GwaR - April 8, 2009 5:50 p.m.

Wow, I bought the game last week in Ubisoft's Steam sale. Wish you'd posted this before then. This is pretty unexcusable. Well, let's just hope that this article prompts Ubisoft to step up to the plate and put some man-power behind getting a fix out, as it seems obvious that they haven't really been trying very hard up to this point.
  • GamesRadarShanePatterson - April 8, 2009 5:27 p.m.

I haven't had a chance to contribute to the comments until now. Like I wrote in the article, there are people who haven't experienced the bugs. Congratulations, you're some of the lucky ones. But you can't really call BS for the people who HAVE experienced the glitches/bugs. What I documented was a paper trail of undeniable fact for the PC, PS3 and 360 versions of FC2. Maybe all you gamers who played the game all the way through and didn't experience a problem ended up fulfilling the correct coding requirements for the game to not screw up. Maybe. But to make statements like "every game has problems" or "i own a car, meaning i have to fix the car from time to time" don't really work here. The difference is that there are undeniable, factual problems with the game that have kept a large percentage of FC2 owners from completing the game or moving past a certain point. It's not the consumer's fault for running into these problems. It's Ubisoft's fault for 1) creating a disservice to those who purchased the game and 2) being dishonest with the customers in not releasing any sort of official statement. Have any of you clicked through the forums? There are some pretty wild stories going on for all three versions.
  • iluvmyDS - April 8, 2009 3:01 p.m.

I want to play this game so bad but I refuse to until they actually fix it FOR FREE soon.
  • Sash - April 8, 2009 12:04 p.m.

I feel sorry for the Community guys having to make excuses.
  • Themis - April 8, 2009 10:02 a.m.

I was "lucky" enough to only encounter annoying glitches as opposed to game-breaking ones. I have it on PS3 and occasionally it wouldn't let me start a mission but there was always a way around it. Online, however, it repeatedly failed to track my stats as well as losing any upgrades I'd earned. Also, any other PS3 users get spammed my some tw@ts with game invites for this game?
  • CrimpyIsland - April 8, 2009 6:57 a.m.

i came across a glitch where i was sent to rescue some dude from the slaughterhouse but when i opened the door, he just sat the on the floor doing nothing. i had to restart the game and i always made sure i kept multiple saves, BUT i didn't notice any bugs on my second play through. maybe coz i used a different character?
  • djdue - April 8, 2009 6:43 a.m.

So they want to give the game a lower score. That's cool, I get it. They did overrate it, but to call it broken is going overboard. Might as well call the Internet broken or the 360 broken.
  • SunshineHobo - April 8, 2009 4:10 a.m.

Really great article, thanks for the information Shane and Matt. @djdue read the article, there is a link to the forums in it where people talk about the bugs that plagued their save files. Your arguement: 'It didn't happen to me so it's BS' is a great one, really. In fact you should adopt when talking about history, "The holocaust? I've never been in an oven so it never happened."
  • DawgsFan117 - April 8, 2009 1:49 a.m.

I didnt play this game long enough to discover any glitches simply because it was boring as shit. It took far to long to get anywhere and the shooting was just alright.
  • BLOODmuffins - April 8, 2009 1:37 a.m.

I rented the game and I played through the game twice and I started a third playthrough before I had to return it and never once did I encounter any bugs at all.
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - April 8, 2009 1:03 a.m.

The weapons dealer being gone isn't a bug - the game doesn't tell you, but he goes away until you complete some main story quests.
  • kanerox547 - April 8, 2009 12:53 a.m.

Yeah all I did was start a new file and so far ( I haven't really been playing it since re5) it hasn't shown any bugs.
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - April 8, 2009 12:10 a.m.

I contributed text to this article, so allow me to elaborate on the occurance of bugs and versions. I bought the PC version. The first thing that happened after I installed the game and loaded it up - crash to desktop. This happened every time. I've never encountered this with a PC game before. Utterly unplayable from step one. I got around it by DELETING MY GAMER PROFILE. Whaa? Then I discovered that widescreen was "fake" in that instead of real widescreen, they just chopped off the top and bottom of 4:3 resolution. It took a while before they patched this. Finally, I got stuck at 73%. No way to continue. Now, I could go back to an earlier save, as this supposedly gets around it, but which save? And how many hours of play will I lose? Why should I, the player, have to use such a time-consuming, tedious workaround? So the game collects dust on my shelf as I await the patch. Six months later. Finally, I'd like to add that I was a game tester for several years. The way that bugs work, is that they occur because of something the player does. So, not everyone will encounter these bugs. It doesn't mean the game isn't broken, because if even 5-10% of players experience this it would be a big deal. Especially if YOU are one of them. Imagine if 5-10% of a car's model just stopped running after 3000 miles. Sure, if it didn't happen to you, you wouldn't care. It would still be considered a major catastrophe for the car company. Heck, if even 1% did that, it would be a huge problem. If you take a look at the official forums, it's clear that many players have encountered these problems, and across multiple platforms (not just 360).
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 11 p.m.

dude read the quote it was messed up-"some copies don't have the bug"
  • jimsondanet - April 7, 2009 10:40 p.m.

mercs 2 was way more fun. IED? try a rocket artillery strike!
  • kingpin202 - April 7, 2009 10:33 p.m.

So I'm just going to go ahead and say I'm glad I got Fable 2 and Fallout 3 back when these all came out. I was torn between the 3 F starting games, glad I choose Fable of these. =D
  • Amnesiac - April 7, 2009 10:08 p.m.

A quote from the forum. I have a game breaking glitch*possible spoiler*on the mission of saving the barge the captain falls through the top level of the ship and will not speak to me to finish my mission and has worked for 2 different character/save games it happens on act 2 48% finished game on the ps3 Another In the mission where you must intimidate the Chiefs brother in that hotel in the middle of a lake, I get up to the guy, hit the button to intimidate him, and then it just stops. It doesn't freeze - the guy is still shuffling, and will even walk away - but I can't move. I can't walk, I can't turn, I can't select weapons, I can't get the map, I can't even pause - I have to hit the Ps button to bring up the pause screen. What the hell do I do? Both from single player. This is onthe first 3 of 20 something pages. To answer your question, its not that glitches aren't on certain copies {that quote is worded poorly, I admit}. The problem is that the triggers for them are pretty random so how many you get really is down to luck.
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 10 p.m.

Yeah if look the PS3 complaints are about the multiplayer not about the single player which is what this article about. Back to the qoute- isn't a bug in a game universal? If a game has a bug it would show up in every version. I call BS.
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 9:41 p.m.

That's the dumbest qoute ever- "bugs don't occur in every single copy" WTF does that mean? So the game has bugs that don't show up in ever copy? It makes no sense, and leads me even more to call BS.
  • djdue - April 7, 2009 9:17 p.m.

My facts are I played the game for over 50 hours and I didn't see any bugs. Therefore the game was not broken to me. Nothing beats personal experience, you can add me as friend and look and my trophy list to see I have more than 60 percent of the trophies so I'm telling the truth.