• Xifihas - July 20, 2011 5:12 p.m.

I already have Rez, why should I buy it again?
  • jmcgrotty - July 20, 2011 12:14 p.m.

"Why did Child of Eden get such a counter-intuitive launch the first time round?", "a move that doubtless led many prospective hardcore buyers to believe inaccurately that CoE was a Kinect-only game." The answer is obvious, and while you were close with the second part, you still didn't make the easy connection. It doesn't matter if people thought it was a "Kinect-only" title. What made people not want it was just the more straightforward fact of it being a "Kinect" title or "Kinect-compatible" title. Just the word "Kinect" on a product makes it a flop.
  • Redeater - July 20, 2011 12:29 a.m.

@GringoStar I find that pretty funny considering wii goes for about as much as a kinect. But I know what your talking about. I have a wii and own games like House of Dead, Red Steel 2, Madworld all of which BOMBED horribly on the market.
  • GringoStar - July 20, 2011 12:02 a.m.

@Redeater It's essentially for anyone who wanted Wii games but didn't want to purchase the system. Which in all honesty the only good Wii games were only made by Ubisoft and Sega...and maybe one other third party developer.
  • Syncmaster - July 19, 2011 10:40 p.m.

I feel bad for the 34k ppl that payed full price for this.. right before they announced a 20 bucks version...
  • Redeater - July 19, 2011 9:35 p.m.

Before anyone complains yes I am anti kinect. I find it funny how people are "bored" of others bashing the kinect. How do you people justify buying an expensive motion expansion for shovel ware games? Name me one killer app that isn't dance central. Let me know how that Star Wars game works out for you. From the sounds of Chris Antista on T'dar it sounds like absolute shit.
  • Redeater - July 19, 2011 9:30 p.m.

One question. Who the fuck are the assholes that actually bought the kinect? I didn't buy one because it looks like a complete waste of money and from the looks of the kinect library it looks like i'm right. The kinect has been out for a hell of a long time and the only thing that is half decent for it is Dance Central. Remember all those videos of the kinect featuring all the cool shit like scanning a skate board or your face and having it in the game? How is that working out? It just seems strange that given the ridiculous high sales of the kinect no one bought this game.
  • Kethmach - July 19, 2011 8:48 p.m.

I really loved Rez- and I didn't get into it until it came out on XBLA last year or so. When CoE came out- I was very interested, but there was no way in hell I was paying $50 for it. Even with the glowing reviews- No. Way. Now it's down to around $30 and I'm looking... but likely not to make the leap until it's $20 and digital on XBLA for that price or less. I really tip my hat to the man for making a beautiful game- but it's not a full price release and UbiSoft was moronic to release it at such a high price. And I don't think MS did anything wrong. If people didn't know they could play it with a controller (and really, they shouldn't anyway) then that was them being stupid. There was plenty of press around the "lesser" control method of a regular controller. I believe it was solely the price that scared people off.
  • SOLAMON77 - July 19, 2011 8:23 p.m.

I was one of those who thought it was pretty much a Kinect game.
  • garnsr - July 19, 2011 8:03 p.m.

I still hold out hope for someone to put motion controls to good use. I just need something to make me really need to buy a Move in the first place, then I'd happily use it for other games. It's just that first one that I really need it for that's still missing. I still can't see paying $50, but I'm interested once CoE gets to a better price.
  • ChrisCultista - July 19, 2011 7:57 p.m.

@Moondoggie Tell me when something new gets here. I might buy it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - July 19, 2011 7:14 p.m.

I agree with a lot of what is being said. We hear people bitch about originality and once it comes, it just doesn't seem to catch (on rails shooters are an old genre, I get it). Fair enough, I won't judge. I have been looking forward to CoE since I first read about it. $60 though? ah no, despite the reply value (going by Rez here) But $20? That's more like it. Honestly, if you aren't interested in these "different" games, don't say you are looking for "difference" in gaming. Stick to your likes and keep your mouth shut. No one cares if you are a loyal Cod player, Battlefield, or WoW player... Just don't say you want something different and bitch when it finally arrives.
  • Clovin64 - July 19, 2011 6:37 p.m.

I'll totally buy this for its PS3 release, but I'll just stick to the Dualshock 3 thank you very much. No motion control bullshit for me.
  • CoryRX8 - July 19, 2011 6:28 p.m.

@reson8er Agreed. I get a little tired of the anti-Kinect, anti-motion control rhetoric. I don't think that motion controls work well in a lot of cases, but they have their place, and can be a lot of fun when implemented properly. When old-school gamers talk about motion controls, they sound a lot like Roger Ebert talking about video games; "I'm old, and I don't understand it, so it must suck and must be killed!"
  • IceBlueKirby - July 19, 2011 6:07 p.m.

I never played Rez, but once this hits a decent price here in the US (for either console) I'll probably check it out.
  • mockraven - July 19, 2011 5:45 p.m.

I've been interested in this game since GR first started writing about it, but a $50-60 price tag still seems a bit much. I'd also like to see a PC version of this since I'm a little better with mouse than controller when it comes to shooters of any type. I think that Ubisoft will see poor sales once again on the PS3 version since the usual pre-order locations list it as $50 in the US.
  • shadowreaper72 - July 19, 2011 5:39 p.m.

Hmmmm, Ill wait until it hits the 10$ price tag and then I MAY pick it up.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - July 19, 2011 5:37 p.m.

How come this was late to PS3, was it another timed exclusive because I really wish microsoft would give up wasting its money on letting 360 owners play games and DLC a little bit before everyone else, just so that when the game comes out on other consoles its far improved, full of new content and cheaper.
  • GringoStar - July 19, 2011 5:31 p.m.

Yes this is a 20.00 game, and I didn't even know it was a full fledged retail disc. This (and the horrible El Shaddai) should be a downloadable game. It looks pretty and nice but not many people are going to spend 60 dollars on an arcade-like game with no plot. At least I know I wouldn't.
  • panthersfury13 - July 19, 2011 5:14 p.m.

That thing looks like the Phoenix Force from X-Men o_o