Topics

Top 7

• IamTheBalance - March 13, 2012 4:46 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid 2 when Emma dies is still probably the saddest moment in games for me personally
  • marlana-moore - March 13, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Should add Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. That ending was so sad and the music just made it sadder. They tried to perk you up by giving it a relatively happy ending but the underlying truth was that there was not a true happy ending for the old man. The ending to The Last Specter was sad too. Why the hell did they kill that dinosaur? Seriously?
  • TheMagnificentManCooker - March 13, 2012 3:06 p.m.

GHOST TRICK!!!!! Right when it hits you.. You feel it. Right in your heart. Now I want to cry
  • dragonkikey - March 13, 2012 2:36 p.m.

shadow of the colossus is up there for me personaly as far as top saddest games
  • TerminX - March 13, 2012 2:01 p.m.

You missed Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. That friggin' game.
  • lilspooky - March 13, 2012 1:27 p.m.

I just picked up Shadow of the Colossus on PSN last night. I played it back in the PS2 days, but I forgot how great this game is! I'll remember how sad this game gets when I get to the end.
  • birdro - March 13, 2012 1:01 p.m.

I like the article, and this new gallery feature is neat, but I really don't think it fits the top seven very well. Unless this is a lesser workload or hassle somehow, I feel like top sevens are best written as articles as before.
  • TanookiMan - March 13, 2012 1:28 p.m.

I agree, I prefer article format for top seven articles. Just my two cents. Enjoyed the article though!
  • harrison-mellor - March 13, 2012 12:53 p.m.

Dear Esther, Penumbra, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, The voice acting in Just Cause 2 makes me cry, World of Warcraft.....not sad in the way you're thinking....its just sad that it was successful...
  • IamTheBalance - March 13, 2012 12:49 p.m.

The Darkness and Red Dead Redemption should really be on this list.
  • EvilTak - March 13, 2012 12:26 p.m.

Please tell me im not the only one who though the Xenosaga series was sad especially part 3.... oh yeah and Fragile Moon
  • BladedFalcon - March 13, 2012 4:07 p.m.

I got too bored to be able to get sad >>;
  • jack-breen - March 13, 2012 12:01 p.m.

HEAVY RAIN!!! How is it not on here!?
  • samsneeze - March 13, 2012 8:15 p.m.

Because it's terribly written, horribly acted, and barely a game at all.
  • iHateFatPeople - March 15, 2012 9:25 a.m.

Brutal - but true...
  • robotdickens - March 13, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Red Dead Redemption because it was a story of how a man just wanted to write his wrongs and save his family and no matter what you did, you couldn't escape the fact that he would be shot down by those heartless bastards after he helped them. The next would be Arkham City. Talia got killed by the Joker and then the Joker basically kills himself. So Bruce takes his arch nemesis' body out to Harley who can't help but cry. I know he was trying to kill us and everything but he was really just a mentally unstable man who just wanted Batman to laugh or smile.
  • ShadowReaper666 - March 13, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Gears 3 was much more upsetting than the second
  • lordgodalming - March 13, 2012 9:24 a.m.

1000 Words cutscene in Final Fantasy X-2. That crap messed me up.
  • VHSdream - March 13, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Cried like a bitch at the end of To The Moon...
  • Morland10 - March 13, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Lost oddysey is harder when you remember that the sick woman who dies was Kaims daughter and the kids are actually is grandkids