• Blazdav - June 25, 2012 6:05 p.m.

Can anyone tell me which game the title picture -- with Spidey giving a thumbs-up -- is from? It doesn't look like Shattered Dimensions, or Web of Shadows, or any of the big ones...
  • Cyberninja - June 25, 2012 6:18 p.m.

Its from U/MvC3, you can tell because the background is the RE stage from the game
  • darthelmet117 - June 26, 2012 4:30 a.m.

It is one of the opening title cinematics from Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - June 26, 2012 6:57 a.m.

nah it's when he wins a fight
  • FierceDeity - June 25, 2012 6:31 p.m.

ah man neversoft's spiderman on playstation was one of my first console games :)
  • Salazans - June 26, 2012 1:12 a.m.

Seriously guys, do you have some sort of fetish for mediocre spiderman games? every 'best example' was the same few goddamn mediocre spiderman games. Neversoft's original few spiderman game vastly exceed these games in context of fun and fanservice. >loads of alternate costumes, cameos from even larger ranges of villains and friends. Even those good old cheatcodes so you could play as stan Lee, rather than buy some shitty dlc. I hope you're happy bumming off shattered dimensions
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2012 3:42 a.m.

For me the Spidey games never got better than Spider-man 2 (movie tie-in). I loved that moment when you make it to the top of the tallest skyscrapers and just hurl yourself off and seeing how late you could leave it to save yourself. The powers were great, the extra villains in it looked great (especially short haired Black Cat) and there was a real sense of speed when you picked up momentum. Ultimate Spider-man was kinda cool but it felt a bit slow.
  • aspiisd - June 26, 2012 7:50 a.m.

If they make this as good to play as Batman: Arkham City i may actually consider buying this.
  • Sjoeki - June 26, 2012 11:46 a.m.

The reason that I'm intrested in this game is because of that last trailer, it reminded me of arkham city and that pretty much says it all for me.
  • VenomVip7 - June 29, 2012 8:52 p.m.

The image showing Anti-Venom is not from Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions, its from Spider-man: Edge of Time. Just saying.
  • The_Ouroboros - June 30, 2012 2:30 a.m.

I... Completely agree with this article. Never before more so, and I've been a big Henry fan for a long time. At each slide I smiled to myself and nodded. A very bold opening statement, I was hooked from there. My only nuance being in that I just finished Shattered Dimensions, and didn't see any form of Venom(and where was he? Hanging out with Rhino, apparently), but VenomVip7 cleared that up for me. Besides that, this article was amazing. Haters can hate.
  • ethan_t - July 5, 2012 5:51 a.m.

I'm putting on a hat so I can take it off for your reference in #4; however, your 'worst example' for #6 is something straight from the comics. Normally he webs his fists to protect them from electricity or some such; but he has, on numerous occasions, done that to give his awesome fists even more "oomph". I'll look through for a few times he has, but it'll be a while.
  • He_Never_Helps - October 8, 2013 7:22 p.m.

Daredevil is way cooler than spiderman. He had to work for his skills. And he's blind and broke. He's like the ninja to Batman's Samurai. 'Course, Cerebus is cooler than any of them. >:]