Topics

Top 7

• Crypto140 - August 30, 2011 6:05 a.m.

How are you supposed to find your target n AC Revalations without a radar?
  • TeflonGrouse - December 23, 2011 6:32 a.m.

With your eyes - I'm sure that's the point to the game.
  • Asloveszuko - August 30, 2011 5:48 a.m.

Come on guys, I don't mean to be an @ss, but the last couple Top 7's? Not cool. I mean some of the latest articles were about what made the super nintendo great and how nintendo can save the 3DS, and now the most unique multiplayer gamers of fall 2011?! These articles are just seemingly spewing facts now! What happened to the funny articles that stand the test of time??? In winter this Top 7 is going to be completly irrelevant. I'm sorry, but I just miss the old Top 7's about random sh!t happening in games,the Top 7 Ugliest Bastards in Gaming, "Thats a Dude?!" game characters, Annoying nags that need to STFU....good times!
  • avantguardian - August 31, 2011 4:27 a.m.

while i don't disagree that many past top 7s have been more creative/entertaining etc, i think we have to try to appreciate what GR's trying to do here... this fall marks an unprecedented battle(they've happened before, but not THIS big) between the biggest MP games that-shall-not-be-named. GR is just doing their due diligence to inform people of alternatives to the "big 2". i think we all should be able to respect this...
  • Asloveszuko - August 31, 2011 5:14 a.m.

I suppose you're right, but mostly what I'm getting at is why put it in a Top 7? I certainly don't oppose such things being written about, I think its great! I just wish that articles such as this with an expiration date on them would be left as a feature, rather than make it a Top 7 that will be collecting dust in 4 months, you know what I mean? And I do miss that creativity.
  • avantguardian - August 31, 2011 6:08 a.m.

i do know what you mean, and i agree. the only think i could think of off the top of my head is that, with the relative popularity of the top 7s, they can be used as a sort of platform. sort of like being able to categorize what is deemed to be "important" and put it all under one umbrella that can be easily seen and accessed. 'cause lets face it: the daily (hourly?) news cycle can be hard to stay on top of. i know there are probably dozens of articles i've missed on GR strictly sue to the abundance of near-constant information. i don't necessarily think top 7s should be used in this manner, but it does make sense. i suppose a more elegant solution would be creating a more constant editorial piece (with a constant title, like "top 7s"), that the writers could use more as a soap box (ramble, ramble).
  • Asloveszuko - August 31, 2011 6:34 a.m.

Sounds like a decent theory and a good solution! Cheers! *clinking of glasses*
  • Setlok17 - August 29, 2011 10:27 p.m.

Cant wait for Gears and Uncharted! Assassins Creeds gonna have to wait tho lol moneys always a problem. Anyway off topic but I had an idea the other day for a top 7 list after playing Advent Rising again. Top 7 games that deserve a second chance. You know games that had a great story or concept or some other redeeming quality that was ruined by poor controls or poor launches or something like that. Just throwing that out there lol
  • Jdub9064 - August 29, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Really looking forward to Journey
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - August 29, 2011 10:01 p.m.

Dark Souls, UC3, and Revelations will be all the MP i will play. And UC3 and Revelations I barely will play Multiplayer.
  • garnsr - August 29, 2011 8:59 p.m.

I rarely play multiplayer, and the thought that there's story in AC Revelation that I might miss out on because I have to play with other people, who might constantly kill me, so I can't level up very quickly, and get tired of spending so much time in one mode, bothers me. I don't mind playing with other people, but having to play against them, over and over, in the same maps and game styles, bores me to death. Journey sounds interesting, interacting with whoever wanders by, but fighting other people just doesn't interest me.
  • n00b - August 29, 2011 8:37 p.m.

still cant post comments
  • CH3BURASHKA - August 29, 2011 7:06 p.m.

"Top 7 Unique Multiplayer Games..." Okay... "Of Fall 2011" Damn that's specific. Kind of amazed you even got 7, although you kinda cheated with the sequels, because they're still fairly similar. Quality article; Journey is definitely numba 1. I love me some weird stuff. I'm hoping this week's QOTW deals with unique multiplayer games so I can submit my own entry. I've been thinking about this one for a while, and kinda sad it hasn't been adapted by any of the more popular games.
  • Redeater - August 29, 2011 6:30 p.m.

Holy sweet Jesus I'm going to be broke at the end of the year.
  • shawksta - August 29, 2011 6:24 p.m.

I loved Brotherhoods multiplayer it was fresh,new,not a shooter and unique. Being an assassin, hunting assassins, in a town full of assassins is just FU**ING FUN! I cant wait for revelations! Gears 3 is interesting, Beast mode here I come!
  • Lemons - August 29, 2011 6 p.m.

Battle Block Theater!!!! Indeed. Journey and Assassin's Creed look good also. Nice Article.
  • gondarpwns - August 29, 2011 5:55 p.m.

Man ima stop reading gamesradar just because each time i do i always see something that makes me cry that it isnt the 20th yet.
  • 510BrotherPanda - August 29, 2011 5:50 p.m.

I'm glad Journey was able to get to #1 on this list; even through reading this article, I still don't see how big of a difference most of the sequel ones are from their predecessors... Then again, I'm not in the privileged position to be able to play ANY of these games or the originals, so my opinion doesn't really matter...*SIGH*
  • elmaropwnz - August 29, 2011 5:50 p.m.

Dead Island doesn't have unique multiplayer, and if anyone responds don't bother mentioning L4D because the only thing that it has in common is 1)4 people and 2) zombies
  • wiitard07 - August 29, 2011 8:06 p.m.

I agree as it is much like Borderlands Co-op, but why talk about Dead Island, it wasn't on the list and it seems it isn't in the comments. Nobody is saying that is is unique...
  • DeltaForce - August 29, 2011 5:41 p.m.

Im hyped for Gears 3. The last one was a letdown and the beta was pure fun.