Topics

Top 7

• shawksta - April 22, 2013 3:15 p.m.

Great one, especially number 1 when you think about it. I'm surprised that adults being lost in then kokiri forest means they are lost forever isn't here.
  • middleclassfury - April 22, 2013 1:59 p.m.

Top 7 most disturbing things about the Zelda universe... and you DON'T mention Tingle??! @middleclassfury
  • cm93 - April 22, 2013 1:23 p.m.

So Kokiri do NOT die if they leave the forest? I always thought that was true, but it is false then?
  • JarkayColt - April 22, 2013 12:30 p.m.

Not bad, although you really should have just rolled 7 & 6 together; it's touching very similar ground. Number 4, about the hearts, was also a massive, massive stretch (mostly in regards to them being "human", besides which we all know hearts don't really look like that anyway :I ). Good picks with the climate and segregation problems though; it's hard to think of things that aren't exclusive to just one game in the series. I was going to say Tingle, but thankfully he isn't in too many of the games.
  • jackthemenace - April 22, 2013 12:03 p.m.

Top notch writing there Houghts, and some really great points too- well done :P The one on segregation had me chuckling especially
  • Fox_Mulder - April 23, 2013 9:51 p.m.

He nailed that one, that's something I had never considered while playing Zelda. Same with the whole " Five distinct types of terrain, all of which you can visit in 12 hours (game time)."
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 22, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Those skeletons scared the crap out of little kid me when I finally made it out of Kokiri Forest as a kid. Nintendo brilliantly made the traverse across Hyrule Field impossible to make before nightfall, which meant we were forced to experience those skeletons very early and without warning. That is, unless you knew to roll all the way, which you probably didn't on first exposure to Hyrule Field. Those small touches made Ocarina what we remember it to be. A nice list, though it's hard for me to accept a disturbing Zelda things list with no mention of Majora's Mask's moon with a face. The disembodied heart fragments was a nice choice/angle to take though.