Topics

Top 7

• B-TENdotcom - December 9, 2013 12:51 p.m.

A lot of awesome PS exclusives here! :)
  • itsgoodtobetheking - December 9, 2013 12:35 p.m.

Ni No Kuni, Into the Nexus, and Thieves in Time are fantastic. I hope more people pick them up after reading this
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - December 9, 2013 12:35 p.m.

Sly Cooper was so great. I hope the series comes to PS4
  • Sinosaur - December 9, 2013 12:32 p.m.

I suppose the fact that five of the seven games are on consoles/handhelds I don't own (and likely never will now that they're lastgen and my gaming habits moved to PC) is the main cause of me forgetting about these games. What this really gets me thinking about is how much Sony actually turned the PS3 around. Before this gen, I was definitely a PS fan (and even a fanboy at various points), but Sony out and out wrecked all of that with the PS3, so I went for the 360 when it was the console to own. Of course, my circumstances changed, and by the time Sony turned things around in the last few years I couldn't really spend the money on a new console instead of just buying games I wanted. Looking back on 2013, though, it was definitely the year when Sony had the better game lineup... although strangely, this is also an incredible year for Nintendo.
  • BladedFalcon - December 9, 2013 12:45 p.m.

2011 was also a pretty damn great year for Sony, unfortunately, just like with this year, they are kinda crap about advertising their exclusives, which is why many of them go under the radar like this.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 9, 2013 12:25 p.m.

Guess Guacamelee is the platinum chalice winner of best game you probably forgot about? Wonder what the Okami award will go to this year. My moneys on either Metal Gear Rising revengence or The Wonderful 101, Platinum games is basically Okami itself with their games being unique but barely any appeal.
  • Swedish_Chef - December 9, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Metal Gear Rising sold very well though.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 10, 2013 7:03 a.m.

It wouldn't have sold well if it wasn't for the fact that it had the Metal Gear name on it.
  • Swedish_Chef - December 10, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Sadly you are right about that, Platinum Games titles generally have a very niche audience.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 9, 2013 11:54 a.m.

I loved Gunslinger, unfortunately it's the only game on here I've played.
  • The_Tingler - December 9, 2013 1:24 p.m.

As basically all the rest are PS3 exclusives and I don't own a PS3, nor do I care about the games mentioned... ditto! WILL buy Brothers: Two Sons in the next Steam Sale though, that looks great.
  • supaMcnugget - December 9, 2013 11:51 a.m.

Ni No Kuni was absolutely phenomenal. I also played Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles during 2013 so this year was just a quality RPG-fest. I really enjoyed the child-like wonder of exploring the world and interacting with the game. The music was GREAT (after all, Joe Hisaishi is a musical genius). Puppeteer was pretty fun too. Great premise and style. I thought it was stupid that Into the Nexus had a PS3 release instead of a PS4 release. I'm sure they had legitimate reason for why they did they, but it was still very dissapointing (I sold my PS3 a week before the PS4 launch. Oh well...maybe it will get a PS4 port later next year or something. I played the Guacamelee demo and it was pretty cool :) I never heard of #4 or #2 though...
  • universaltofu - December 9, 2013 11:50 a.m.

Just finished Guacamelee last week (got it off the steam sale), great game, one less reason to be peanut jelly butthurt (spread it around) about not having a ps3 this year. Playing on the keyboard made some things more difficult than they otherwise should have been, but I was enjoying myself too much to care. Going to try gunslinger next.
  • universaltofu - December 10, 2013 2:07 a.m.

Probably should have waited, gunslinger is like 3.74 on xbla on special now >.<, oh well, I had a blast playing today, anyone still on the fence go for it!
  • Cyberninja - December 9, 2013 11:29 a.m.

Huh I knew about all of these, so which one of them are getting the Okami award? my money is on Ni no Kuni
  • Swedish_Chef - December 9, 2013 6:26 p.m.

Doubt it, the game's sold over 1.4 million copies worldwide.
  • BladedFalcon - December 9, 2013 11:27 a.m.

Guacamelee most definitely deserves the number 1 spot. Despite being a downloadable title, it's easily one of the titles I have had the most fun with this year, even compared to other AAA games. And everything about it was great, the combat appeared simple at first, but it was very fun and complex the further you went into, same with the platforming elements, The art style was unique and all it's own, and the music was just fantastic. Aside from that, it should be noted that I didn't forget about the pupeteer and ni no kuni, I won both.... but yes, I've yet to play them >>; Same deal with gunslinger, I WANT to play it, but with my backlog as is, I see no point in buying it just yet, specially since being a PSN title, it ain't going anywhere any time soon XD
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 9, 2013 11:31 a.m.

Glad you agree, Guacamelee is easily one of my favorite games to come out this year ^_^
  • BladedFalcon - December 9, 2013 11:43 a.m.

It definitely is! Altough, now that I think about it... Wasn't Guacamelee actually pretty damn successful? At least in terms of what they expected to sell, and what they ended up selling?