Topics

Top 7

• Swedish_Chef - December 9, 2013 6:31 p.m.

Seeing Guacamelee at #1 is a really pleasant surprise, I love that game.
  • Y2Ken - December 9, 2013 4:31 p.m.

I played Brothers at the weekend. If you've got 2-3 hours to sit down and sink into that game, it's a hell of a ride. I'm hoping to squeeze in R&C Nexus as part of my "finish for GotY" list, but we'll see how that goes.
  • Unoriginal - December 9, 2013 3:55 p.m.

Poor Insomniac. I can't imagine how it would feel for an employee that worked on Into the Nexus to see their not month-old game already featured on a Top forgotten list. How much work would it be to port the game over to PS4 as a budget priced downloadable? That game deserves a second chance.
  • death_nation - December 22, 2013 12:35 a.m.

You know whats suck? That Jak HD collection is selling more Then Ratchet And Clank HD collection. I was a huge fan of Jak during the ps2 days now when I decided to try out his buddy/ rival its a damn good series but I thought Ratchet and Clank Fans exist nowadays.
  • kurt-dunbar - December 9, 2013 3:43 p.m.

Killer is Dead was a pretty cool game. Could've been on the list.
  • W.A.C. - December 9, 2013 2:47 p.m.

Well, I'm getting both Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for Christmas so I don't think the title applies to me. Also, I've been so broke this year that outside of Humble Bundles and games I've purchased using gift card money, I've only bought two games for myself this year. Well, three if you include the Kickstarter campaign for Shantae: Half Genie Hero that I backed largely because I felt sorry for the developers with their history of the Shantae series.
  • shawksta - December 9, 2013 2:41 p.m.

Been meaning to play Call of Juarez. I should This list is great and damn straight Guacamelee was fantastic.
  • artcellrox - December 10, 2013 1:13 a.m.

It's cheap, kinda short, but all sorts of awesome through and through. I haven't played the rest of the CoJ series, but I'd wholeheartedly recommend this to any fan of non-typical-modern shooters.
  • Jormungand - December 9, 2013 2:19 p.m.

Love how Lost Planet 3 is not even mentioned here...or...anywhere.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 9, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Notice the headline: "great" games that came out in 2013 ;)
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - December 9, 2013 9:22 p.m.

The less said about it, the better.
  • Flashinthepan - December 9, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Ni No Kuni. Best 50 hour weekend ever!
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 9, 2013 1:29 p.m.

I feel like Fire Emblem could have gotten a spot on this list, though I'm not sure what you take off to get it there. So what I mean is that this is a good list, Ryan. Even if I hadn't forgotten about #1 :)
  • herrer - December 9, 2013 1:09 p.m.

I think Dragon's Crown any of the Shin Megami games and Wonderful 101 as well as Pikmen 3 should also get mentioned
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 9, 2013 1:53 p.m.

I ALMOST put Dragon's Crown on here :D
  • Tidus0203 - December 9, 2013 3:45 p.m.

SMT 4 is defintiy a much better game then puppertear and whatever that Gumuche or whatever game is called.
  • Errrrbo - December 10, 2013 8:50 a.m.

Good list. Personally, I would've put Sly Cooper higher on the list.
  • Rojoco - December 9, 2013 1:08 p.m.

I didn't forget about Guacamelee, in fact I'm sure a lot of people like myself are playing it now for the first time thanks to it being free on EU's PS+. Must return to Thieves in Time as well, I'm probably one of the few who owns the original three Sly Cooper games on PS2. Love that series! Now we just need a new Jak & Daxter game in the vein of Precursor Legacy and I'll leave this console gen a happy gamer.
  • JMarsella09 - December 9, 2013 1:06 p.m.

Yeah, I didn't forget about Ni no Kuni or Sly 4. Especially considering I put well over a hundred hours into Ni no Kuni and I have both soundtracks on my ipod.
  • herrer - December 9, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Ni no Kuni also had a really heart warming story about love and lost which is something not found much in a video game. Its kind of also sad that people missed games like Puppeteer. I love GTAV and Killzone but we need more games that does not involve killing people all the time.