• artcellrox - April 29, 2014 12:39 a.m.

>Replay Editors Guys... have you PLAYED Dissidia? Have you SEEN the great stuff that can be made out of properly editing replays of fights?!
  • n00b - April 28, 2014 11:16 p.m.

replay editors are actually more beneficial for yourself than for anyone else. Its always good to critique yourself or figure out your mistakes and how to do better. Also edition re releases are kinda scummy if you weren't that interested in the game to begin with. Case in point I am loving dark souls 2 bout it day 2 (damn finals) on pc and am definitely getting my monies worth.
  • injustice45 - April 28, 2014 7:56 p.m.

Tekken Force. I mean, it's a cool diversion from the standard fighting. But, it feels clunky just moving around, especially in Tekken 3. The worst part about is that you have to play it four times just to unlock Dr. Bosconovitch, who is both a pain in the ass to fight and play as, making the trek through the mode a waste of time (well, for me). I don't think anybody in 1998 asked for a Tekken beat 'em up.
  • Cyberninja - April 28, 2014 7:35 p.m.

Am I the only one who didn't need the datalog to follow FF13's story it really wasn't that difficult when you pay attention.
  • LordZarlon - April 28, 2014 5:59 p.m.

How about an online Sim City? Or an auction house and an always online requirement in Diablo 3? Oh how about this, Age Of Empires Online? Yeah. Because instead of a new Age of Empires with a great single player campaign I wanted a boring grind to level up and get access to units that should ship with the game. Oh yeah, that's not a feature for a game, it's a game I didn't ask for to begin with.
  • Noble117805 - April 28, 2014 4:16 p.m.

Top seven Gamesradar reviews no one asked for
  • Thepoetpetrhyme - April 28, 2014 2:18 p.m.

I hate tacked on multiplayer. It will not add any layer. Please i yell and say a prayer, you will be a spec ops slayer.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 28, 2014 2:13 p.m.

I don't mind the bloated entries in games as long as they are get my attention, btu I can see why people hate them. FF13 made me hate reading entries and I despise multiplayer achievements because I ply games to escape reality, but I don't don't playing co-op from time to time, but really I don't want to spend all my time playing nline matches until my eyes burn.
  • KNITEpanda - April 28, 2014 2:10 p.m.

I can most definitely agree with the multiplayer achievement ones. These are some of my most hated. Especially the extremely hard to get ones, once the game dies down cause the next popular title comes out. There is NO WAY to get most of those achievements. When World Series of Poker (the first one) came out for Xbox Live Arcade there was an achievement to place in a tournament during a certain date on March 2013. (I think) Something along those lines. Needless to say I didnt play during that time due to schedule not allowing me to. Now I have an achievement that is NEVER going to be completed. Talk about super fail.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - April 28, 2014 2:07 p.m.

Multiplayer achievements are a massive sin given some games just flat out want you to get sky high rankings you'll never reach.
  • Scoob - April 28, 2014 2 p.m.

Edition Re-releases are one of the the reasons I rarely buy new games anymore, second only to Steam sales. A Steam sale of an edition re-release? Yes, please. Nintendo has this one right. Just never reduce prices. Once I realized they switched to that model, their games I want became day one purchases.
  • shawksta - April 28, 2014 1:44 p.m.

As others said, certain bloated glossaries are kind of neat when their not causing the problem stated, I like reading extended info that's just there for simple trivia and DID YOU KNOW stuff. Number 1 is definitely a problem, DLC is one thing regarding story, maybe you want an extended "This is what happened after everybodies happily ever after" or "Here's what happened in the past" but making story DLC that is crucial and would otherwise make your original run through the story flat out abysmall is definitely something nobody asked for, which is a shame given that Asura's Wrath had it by the teeth when it was majorly something you want to look at for the story anyway.
  • SixSpeedSamurai - April 28, 2014 1:36 p.m.

DLC in general. Holding something back to make an extra ten bucks. Season Passes for the same reason. Skins? No, I don't need 10 different costumes for Batman or do I care about them, the one you put him in for the game is perfectly fine.
  • BladedFalcon - April 28, 2014 1:18 p.m.

I'd say all of these are bad idea except for the bloated glossaries... I mean, it sucks if they put info in there that was vital and wouldn't otherwise get from the main Plot/Dialogue, (Like what FFXIII did, yet another reason why that game is fucking awful.) but like the article says, if most of it is just favor information that helps shape or add detail to that in-game world, how is that in any way bad? It's there if you wanna read, and you lose nothing if you don't. I will say this though... it helps tons if you put voice narration for those data entries, otherwise it becomes more of a bore.
  • Vonter - April 28, 2014 6:41 p.m.

I liked the log entries in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and was something sorely missing in Other M. Mainly because the stories there were in some cases more complex that the main campaign. So give or take from that.
  • BladedFalcon - April 28, 2014 8:08 p.m.

There were so many things sorely missing in Other M, Quality being the main one.
  • Vonter - April 28, 2014 8:23 p.m.

Gameplay was fine, for Itagaki-less Team Ninja and sadly it shows one of the main weakness of Nintendo, storytelling. I bet if that game wouldn't have been so centered in telling a cinematic story the game could have been better. I mean I don't know about you but the epilogue, felt more Metroid than everything that happened before it, mainly because the game let the player loose to explore and leisure and go for the final objective whenever he wanted.
  • BladedFalcon - April 28, 2014 11:13 p.m.

Metroid fusion told a pretty decent story, but yeah, it was more minimalistic, and more focused in atmosphere. I disagree with Other M's gameplay being "fine" though, the action wasn't nearly as flashy or complex as msot propper third person games, and the first person was very awkwardly implemented. The game was just a shoddily done mess.
  • Vonter - April 28, 2014 11:29 p.m.

Yeah, I was just pointing that it felt better after taking the figurative leash the game put on the player with its story. I think what Nintendo does right is making the player project what he's experiencing in the game. I mean all that fan art of Pokemon that makes it look more badass than its actually in-game I suppose is reflection of a different kind of experience than what you get from a movie for example. But still the main stories are just the excuse to build the core experience. I also think that what has hold console Zeldas back, since in comparison with the handheld iterations the last two have been a lackluster in hindsight. Also both have had more involved stories than the WW, or other console Zeldas.
  • nick-poremskis - April 28, 2014 1:14 p.m.

Can you guys STOP making these lists as these stupid slide shows. There is no reason for it and it is extremely annoying. Just do them AS PER A NORMAL LIST. >.<