Topics

Top 7

• n00b - November 29, 2011 7:02 a.m.

its a pitty that the west isn't like japan in that every manga or light novel has a chance to be an anime, game, movie or trading card game. well have your Nick Cage and Angelina Jolie in another movie eh?
  • Hypermonkey262 - November 29, 2011 2:55 a.m.

I think of all of those I'd be most likely to play a new Darkwing Duck game. You know, one that was nothing like Megaman.
  • KidKatana - November 29, 2011 2:25 a.m.

Now that you've had a look at Western comics, how about a Top 7 manga series that should get a decent adaptation? Namco Bandai seems to churn out endless fighting games and half-baked 3rd person actioners. We need a Bleach May Cry or a Legend of One Piece - or whatever the hell kind of awesome game Cowboy Bebop would turn out to be...
  • Net_Bastard - November 29, 2011 2:53 a.m.

Or maybe webcomics. Sinfest would make for a really awesome video game. Don't know how it would work but I'd imagine something similar to either Saints Row or Mother/Earthbound. C&H would also make for an awesome game, if it were done like the Penny Arcade games.
  • 8bitBaby - November 29, 2011 7:58 a.m.

cowboy bebop would make a good MMO if you played in that universe as cowboys, and not necessarily the main team from CB. or maybe make it like the Mass Effect series. yup.
  • Vordhosbn - November 29, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Darkwing Duck is the one I would look forward to most, I loved that guy. And with Ducks in mind, we're long overdue another appearance of Scrooge, the original money making mallard.
  • EdDeRs1 - November 29, 2011 12:37 a.m.

i say make a decent Judge Dredd game first, Dredd fu*king rules!!!!
  • jmcgrotty - November 29, 2011 12:25 a.m.

OK, I might get crap for knowing this, but.... "Archie comics have been popular for over 80 years." Not quite right. He debuted in Pep #16, in December 1941. So 70 years, not 80. And, if you can convince them to add a "Hot coffee" feature for use with Midge, I'd be buying that game at midnight the day it came out.... Now, time to see if I can figure out how to input this ercaptcha. It wants me to have the standard deviation (sigma) between m and i (integer) being equal to 1.
  • jmcgrotty - November 29, 2011 12:32 a.m.

Oops. Memory failed me. Archie debuted in Pep #22, not 16. Guess I should have verified my memory before posting.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 29, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Fixed!
  • FemJesse - November 30, 2011 3:48 p.m.

Moose will beat the shit out of u...
  • xerroz - November 28, 2011 10:02 p.m.

My jaw literally dropped about the Marvel idea. its brilliant! Imagine a MOBA (dota/lol/hon like game) that is Marvel vs DC heroes. SICK
  • aaron-pan - November 28, 2011 9:11 p.m.

SHIT BLACKSAD! That stuff is legit! Same with the Mouse one...i def want to see them, and these were actually all good suggestions
  • swedishfrog - November 29, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Yep, Blacksad is awesome! I am so glad it is known in the US too, I thought only Europe gave a shit about it! Love the idea. And yeah, the marvel MOBA is genius. After playing Marvel Alliance coop, I can see how a MOBA would be the ultimate Marvel game. Canon too.
  • gobble412 - November 28, 2011 8:28 p.m.

I really, really like the Mouse Guard idea (Even Redwall would be fun). I would absolutely love to see an Amory Wars game (as long as it were done correctly, of course).
  • MasterBP - November 28, 2011 8:10 p.m.

What, no Atomic Robo game done like Metal Arms, Glitch in the System?
  • archnite - November 28, 2011 7:56 p.m.

I would LOVE that mouse photoshop as my wallpaper.
  • vadorsoul - November 28, 2011 7:26 p.m.

Mouse guard Makes me think a Redwall game would be epic!
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 29, 2011 8:19 a.m.

Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyesyeeeesssssssssssss.
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 28, 2011 7:24 p.m.

ARGH!!! I made the Darkwing Duck/ Arkham City suggestion back in February-March, but all the other GR members I told about it laughed me off and said, "Why don't you go make that game then?"