Topics

Top 7

• christopherwesten - September 2, 2013 4:07 p.m.

Not sure why Tofu is up there. Resident Evil 2 with only herbs in under 3 hours isn't that hard at all. i'd give it a 2 out of 10 on the difficulty level. How about the most difficult things that give you nada. Final Boss on the hardest difficulty in BulletWitch. Try to keep your concentration going for 6 hours providing you have no life to devote 6 hours to a single boss. Don't trip.
  • archnite - September 2, 2013 7:14 p.m.

I prefer all the chachki RE4 gives you that's actually useful: Mafia outfit, Tommy Gun, Laser, Infinite RPG, RE2 Suit, Hand Cannon. Great Stuff.
  • shinkeiDEI - September 2, 2013 3:32 p.m.

What about the Ultimate forms of the characters on BlazBlue Continuum Shift. The devs made it so hard so you have to PAY to get them.
  • Cyberninja - September 2, 2013 6:26 p.m.

I don't know about that sure it was difficult but it was do able if you have a second controller, some skill and a lot of time to die a lot.
  • JarkayColt - September 2, 2013 1:37 p.m.

Good list, although I'm not sure I personally would have put Fierce Deity there. I've never actually beaten Majora's Mask without Fierce Deity Link. Collecting all the masks before heading to the moon is just something I feel I need to do, plus, the game makes it seem as though you have to do it anyway because of the children who tell you to hand all the masks over, as well as the gossip stones vaguely hinting at where all the masks actually are in case you missed any. The "hardest" one is definitely the Kafei sidequest but only because it's long and has to be started over if you mess up; otherwise it's a charming quest that you'll probably want to see to completion anyway. Ergo, collecting all the masks isn't really that "hard" (just long-winded) and under normal circumstances you'll only ever use Fierce Deity Link to slaughter Majora; you can't even use it anywhere else besides the bosses you've already beaten. It's cool, but I wouldn't really count it as a secret "unlockable" on the same level that some of the other things are, mostly because, again, the game WANTS you to do it.
  • shawksta - September 2, 2013 1:56 p.m.

"otherwise it's a charming quest that you'll probably want to see to completion anyway." Until you realize you go back and reset everything you just did T_T
  • EAC73 - September 2, 2013 12:44 p.m.

Great article, and Dave Rudden should definitely write more for GR.
  • TheMcFinder - September 2, 2013 12:41 p.m.

donkey kong was impossible to beat in punch out.
  • RayPaw - September 2, 2013 12:29 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, in order to unlock autumn in Super Mario World not only must you beat all the Star Road levels but you must also successfully exit every stage from every possible exit, earning you the coveted 96-with-a-star-next-to-it on the save game select screen. Back in the SNES days, I'd actually managed to snare this achievement. Then my mother asked me to entertain a neighbor's kid, who was a few years younger than me. Since Mario is a pretty kid-friendly game, I fired up Super Mario World and let him have at it. But I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned, I discovered he had exited the game and deleted my save. My precious 96 had been reduced to zero.
  • shawksta - September 2, 2013 11:15 a.m.

Great list. "TUBULAR" will always get me XD Ugh, Last Stand was hell, all the fighters were random and god forbid you fight Title Defense Soda Popinsky but fighting DK was a hell of worth it. Fun Fact: Princess Peach was actually gonna take DK's place but the devs decided not to due to "Punching a Women" concerns.
  • Sliet - September 2, 2013 11:14 a.m.

I'm thinking about Big Boss Rank, Metal Gear Solid 4. Complete game on hardest difficulty with 0 deaths, 0 kills, 0 continues, 0 health items, 0 special items and 0 alerts. Fooor... Big Boss FaceCamo, Patriot gun and an iPod song.
  • Sliet - September 2, 2013 11:18 a.m.

Oh, and I forgot: in under 5 hours. :|
  • archnite - September 2, 2013 7:11 p.m.

I have done this three times. Always worth it. Because its not just any iPod song for all ranks, its the-italics song: Snake Eater I hope MGS.V has just a big reason to beat 30 times.
  • Sliet - September 3, 2013 1:55 a.m.

"You're pretty good!"