We Recommend

• JBizFoShiz - March 5, 2011 7:23 p.m.

To the people who thought/thinking this article was racist, it's really not. Full of typos, sure, but not racist. If you can read GR's description of these video-game villains, and think "Hey that reminds me of (insert race of people here)" then... And those defending the Locust, they're just as guilty of committing war crimes as Delta Squad. So, yes, they're vile. I don't see YOU handing them roses when they flank you for the 100th time and mercilessly blow you up. On a less-gruesome level, "vilest enemy races of all time" - why not the gods from the God of War series? Every single one was portrayed in a vile/petty manner.
  • AirickG - March 5, 2011 6:43 p.m.

Scions definitely needed to be here. Have you ever read the in-game material on them? They're basically indestructible sacks of ground up human nerves and brain matter, not to mention they're fused with a big ass gun. PS: the flood could be on here, but I always felt like the necromorphs were kinda similar to them, but twice as revolting...
  • Denrok - March 5, 2011 6:36 p.m.

The locusts weren't evil so its pretty stupid that they would be on here. They were literally just trying to protect their home planet.
  • barrage7667 - March 5, 2011 5:56 p.m.

@outlander:............WOW tht was kinda impressive/absolutely pathetic Nice Article tho
  • Biocommie - March 5, 2011 5:55 p.m.

Not enough people really play Killing Floor to warrant it having a spot on the list, but it should. The mutants from that game are horrible once you get a closer look at them.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - March 5, 2011 5:41 p.m.

@legory - Really? Nobody from the Covenant in Halo? Millions of people love Grunts, Elites, Brutes, etc. You're not supposed to love the creatures on this article, you're supposed to hate them. That's why the covenant isn't on here. Funny story. As I was spending the night at my friends house a few years ago, we decided to stay up all night and beat Halo 2 on legendary. As we got to the last level, we were about to charge in to the room with the two hunters. Playing as the Arbiter, we had some Covenant on our side. In the corner of one of the rooms, we found a grunt trembling in the corner, and he said:"Please don't kill me! Me grunt, we friends, right?" It wasn't just like that, but pretty close. We were so touched by it, we gave him a fuel rod gun and made sure he survived that level. That is one more reason that Halo 2 is my favorite of any Halo, and probaly my favorite game ever.
  • TheRandomFool - March 5, 2011 3:56 p.m.

Eh, hard to believe that you skipped over the Zerg here... Alien swarming creatures without any technology of any kind, yet intelligent and cunning, with buildings made out of mutated members of their own race? Tentacles and spiky stuff, how is that not creepy?
  • WickedSid - March 5, 2011 3:50 p.m.

I can't believe you made me think about chomping down on a Combine, I physically shivered when that thought crept into my brain... I hate you now, Mr. Sterling.
  • Crypto140 - March 5, 2011 3:19 p.m.

I think we can all agree, if we had to sit next to one of these guys on the bus, we would move over to another seat.
  • FauxFurry - March 5, 2011 2:38 p.m.

I agree on the animals wearing pants revulsion thing. Mickey Mouse creeps me right out. Worse than the pants wearing, he has millions of children around the world as his mind controlled thralls willing to do anything for him. Worst of all, he apparently can duplicate himself as rapidly as the most prolific viruses yet each copy has the same personality and power as the last, allowing him to have a physical presence in not just multiple parts of one country but all over the planet. Does an army of clones count as a race? Either way, it would be satisfying to exterminate every bit of that guy in a game rather than do his bidding. Oh, yeah, Super Mutants from the FallOut series. Hey,they want to wipe out non-mutants, so they started it!
  • BadLadJon - March 5, 2011 1:51 p.m.

the combine are pretty fucked up... Episode 3 now?
  • philipshaw - March 5, 2011 1:28 p.m.

The end of the article is so true
  • RicePuddingUK - March 5, 2011 12:34 p.m.

Jesus Christ Avantguardian, what planet are you really from? The feaces that comes out of my rectum makes more sense than what just fell out your mouth.
  • Ulukai - March 5, 2011 11:38 a.m.

I would add the Genma from Onimusha, demons that ate people and did other horrible things.
  • jackthemenace - March 5, 2011 9:42 a.m.

The silent hill video was kinda ruined when, in the middle of pyramid head surprise-sexing those nice ladies, an advert for a young children's game called "soccer stars" popped up. The only thing worse would have been if the kid had been playing soccer stars and a SH2 ad had showed up.
  • spongejerk89 - March 5, 2011 7:59 a.m.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, where's the Flood?
  • LTS - March 5, 2011 7:25 a.m.

Pig Cops?
  • spideralex90 - March 5, 2011 7:13 a.m.

Oh and and The Reapers needed to be on top of this list. No contest there.
  • spideralex90 - March 5, 2011 7:12 a.m.

Forgot about: The Flood & The Covenant (Squidjaws!)